3. Auto
  4. Mercedes
  5. C-Klasse
  6. W205
  7. South african mercedes W205 quality problems

South african mercedes W205 quality problems

Mercedes C-Klasse
Themenstarteram 10. Juli 2015 um 22:14

Hello everyone, first of all I'm sorry I don't speak German (from Belgium), I use google translate to read this forum.

I have noticed some serious quality issues:

after 2500km in my new mercedes W205 C180 Bluetec Avantgarde with 7Gtronic, I noticed a strange sound when putting it in drive and still standing still. Problem was a bracket for the exhaust was no longer attached to the car !!!

Now at 2700km I notice my window does not go up smoothly, and it's getting worse and worse. I need to got to the garage to have this checked out, but seeing as I just came from the mercedes garage which took 2 days just to reattach the exhaust bracket, I'm not in a hurry to drive the replacement GLA car again (I hated it).

What are your experiences with a south african made W205?

Best regards

PS: I'm on holiday might not respond quickly.

Beste Antwort im Thema

Es geht doch auch um das " Wertigkeitsgefühl" .

Da kauft man das deutscheste aller deutschen Auto´s

in Premiumklasse und bekommt dann eins, welches in SA

zusammengebaut wurde. Für mich ein no go. Ich kann mir

das nichteinmal schönreden.

24 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
24 Antworten

Are you sure that the car from South Africa comes?

How is the Letter in the middle of your identification Nummer?

am 11. Juli 2015 um 8:44

Hello,

until now (will change also) german customers get W205 models only from German/Bremen factory. I am sorry for the problems which you have; - here many users are trying to convince skeptic ones which are worrying about the quality of South African build cars, that there will not be any differences to german built cars....

In this context it is interresting to hear about your problems. Please continue to report!

Unser W205 wurde im Juni ausgeliefert. Aus Südafrika.

Kleine Nachlässigkeiten, die nicht im Design begründet sind, sondern bei der Qualitätskontrolle in Südafrika übersehen oder ignoriert worden sind:

- Chromzierleiste an der Fahrertür lose

- Fahrertür schlecht eingestellt (Windgeräusche und schlechter Fugenverlauf)

--> Wurde bei der Mercedes Werkstatt vor Ort behoben.

Nicht beanstandet aber auffällig:

- kleine Falten an 2 der hinteren Kopfstützen

- eine etwas schief stehende Kopfstützenführungshülse am Beifahrersitz.

Diese Nachlässigkeiten hätten gerade bei "Mercedes" durch das Fertigungswerk Südafrika bemerkt werden sollen.

Konzeptuell finde ich viele weitere Imperfections bis Aufreger. Aber diese Designthemen haben natürlich nichts mit dem Produktionswerk zu tun. Die oben genannten Nachlässigkeiten hätten bestimmt auch in Bremen passieren können.

..... oder auch nicht.

Ziemlich sicher sogar. Bremen hat früher auch schon mal mehr Sorgfalt ealten lassen.

Themenstarteram 14. August 2015 um 19:52

I have an update to the quality issues I experienced:

2 days ago my key didn't work anymore, the car is only 2 months old. I had to open the car by removing the plastic cover on the door handle and using the real key that is hidden in the remote. I checked, the battery was empty, after 2 months ???????

The chrome bar on the passenger side (above the door) is misaligned, it's higher then it should be.

This evening I drive through a puddle of water and I hear a strange noise, so I stop the car.

After looking under the car i see that a piece of the bottom plate on the passenger side right after the front wheel has come loose. I ripped it of and put it in my trunk for the garage to reattach.

My previous car an audi A4 never gave me problems. While i love driving the mercedes, i'm getting really upset with the build quality. What would you guys do in my situation? I wonder what's gonna fall off the car next....

Zitat:

@Chris7ophe schrieb am 14. August 2015 um 21:52:46 Uhr:

I have an update to the quality issues I experienced:

2 days ago my key didn't work anymore, the car is only 2 months old. I had to open the car by removing the plastic cover on the door handle and using the real key that is hidden in the remote. I checked, the battery was empty, after 2 months ???????

The chrome bar on the passenger side (above the door) is misaligned, it's higher then it should be.

This evening I drive through a puddle of water and I hear a strange noise, so I stop the car.

After looking under the car i see that a piece of the bottom plate on the passenger side right after the front wheel has come loose. I ripped it of and put it in my trunk for the garage to reattach.

My previous car an audi A4 never gave me problems. While i love driving the mercedes, i'm getting really upset with the build quality. What would you guys do in my situation? I wonder what's gonna fall off the car next....

I've got my new C 250 just two days ago in Brussels, also made in South Africa. So far no problems, except a big scratch on the centre console. But the salesperson told me that many belgian customers complain about getting an 'african mercedes'... He assured me that the mercedes from South Africa have the same quality standards, since they undergo another 100% quality control in Bremen...believe it or do not...

Themenstarteram 15. August 2015 um 6:56

Well I don't believe it.

PS: mine is also from Brussels...

I Imagine that they do a quick functions control. A entire qualität control of an entirelly assembeled car is technically not possible. Nobody can look into parts or into doors etc.

am 15. August 2015 um 9:32

Schade für die Betroffenen - ich bin mir Sicher, daß trotz aller Beteuerungen, daß keinerlei Qual.-Unterschiede zu den Bremen Fahrzeugen bestünden der Prozentuelle Mängel-Anteil höher sein wird.

Wie wir in diveren threads erfahren, kommen ja auch bei in Deutschland gefertigen Fahrzeugen immer wieder mal welche mit Mängeln zur Auslieferung die lt. Mercedes Insidern wegen der Fertigungskontrollen eigentlich gar nicht möglich sind.

Aber das funktioniert eben immer nur theoretisch....

Es geht doch auch um das " Wertigkeitsgefühl" .

Da kauft man das deutscheste aller deutschen Auto´s

in Premiumklasse und bekommt dann eins, welches in SA

zusammengebaut wurde. Für mich ein no go. Ich kann mir

das nichteinmal schönreden.

Hi,

Zitat:

@kievG schrieb am 15. August 2015 um 11:32:45 Uhr:

Schade für die Betroffenen - ich bin mir Sicher, daß trotz aller Beteuerungen, daß keinerlei Qual.-Unterschiede zu den Bremen Fahrzeugen bestünden der Prozentuelle Mängel-Anteil höher sein wird.

Wie wir in diveren threads erfahren, kommen ja auch bei in Deutschland gefertigen Fahrzeugen immer wieder mal welche mit Mängeln zur Auslieferung die lt. Mercedes Insidern wegen der Fertigungskontrollen eigentlich gar nicht möglich sind.

besser kann's man nicht sagen...

Als Konsequenz kehren Produzenten (nicht unbedingt bezogen auf die Automobilbranche) z.T. ja schon wieder zurück...

Gruß

Fr@nk

Zitat:

immer wieder mal welche mit Mängeln zur Auslieferung die lt. Mercedes Insidern wegen der Fertigungskontrollen eigentlich gar nicht möglich sind.

welche Kontrollen meinst du.

Glaubt ihr wirklich das ein Fahrzeug komplett nochmal überprüft wird bevor es ausgeliefert wird?

Da wird der Lack nochmal poliert, ein Funktionstest der Systeme durchgeführt und das wars.

am 15. August 2015 um 11:08

Zitat:

@OM403 schrieb am 15. August 2015 um 12:53:58 Uhr:

Zitat:

immer wieder mal welche mit Mängeln zur Auslieferung die lt. Mercedes Insidern wegen der Fertigungskontrollen eigentlich gar nicht möglich sind.

welche Kontrollen meinst du.

... frage doch die, die gerne sagen, daß solche Mängel (wie Passungenauigkeiten, falsche zugordnete oder schlampig montierte Teile etc.) durch die MB Qualitätssicherungssysteme gar nicht vorkommen können!

Deine Antwort