4. Opel
  5. Insignia
  6. Insignia A
  7. Good reason to buy a mudflaps for Insignia

Good reason to buy a mudflaps for Insignia

Opel Insignia A (G09)
Themenstarteram 4. Mai 2011 um 19:29

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/20110428063448.jpg/

Probably warranty will not cover this due to pure mechanical damage - sand dust from the wheels damaged the surface. The cost for repair is rather low but this is not what could be expected. 65000 km , MY2009.

Beste Antwort im Thema
Themenstarteram 4. Mai 2011 um 19:29

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/20110428063448.jpg/

Probably warranty will not cover this due to pure mechanical damage - sand dust from the wheels damaged the surface. The cost for repair is rather low but this is not what could be expected. 65000 km , MY2009.

33 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
33 Antworten
am 1. Juni 2011 um 9:49

Zitat:

some professional tuners get the A20NHT up to 300 hp.

Yeah, sure thing! :rolleyes:

That is what they write on their web site, to make somebody belive in to buy this stuff.

But you will never get 300 hp from an opel turbo charged 2 l Engine and make this stable for the next 25.000 kilometers. That is a story to tell your grandma to fall asleep.

Per default those type of turbo charged engines are almost not far away from its limits.

The Insignia is not a Honda Civic, you have to pull this heavy type of car with that kind of overloaded engine.

With this engine i would prefer a moderate increase of power up to 10 - 15 %, doing more makes absolutely no sense.

Otherwise it is much more comfortable to spend time and money in tuning of a more powerful engine like the 2,8 l V6 or the VXR, to bring it up to good 300 HP.

Are you sure?

The A20NHT is the same Engine as the Z20NHH, 264 hp Engine! Both engines based on the solid aluminum block L850!

The Z20NHH was tuned up to 315 HP... similar potential for the A20NHT...

.. whatsoever! The Z20NHH was an inconspicuous Engine... i think a Chiptuning on the A20NHT, on Stock, Fully unmodified, to 265 HP is possible without significant consumption of the whole Engine/Gear parts... if you do not always go to the limit of the increased performance..

@ Jooseph, how many HP do you increased your Engine? I think the most Problem for the tuned Engine is the EGT or rather the whole Engine Temp.

Themenstarteram 12. Juni 2011 um 15:52

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Feivel88

Are you sure?

The A20NHT is the same Engine as the Z20NHH, 264 hp Engine! Both engines based on the solid aluminum block L850!

The Z20NHH was tuned up to 315 HP... similar potential for the A20NHT...

.. whatsoever! The Z20NHH was an inconspicuous Engine... i think a Chiptuning on the A20NHT, on Stock, Fully unmodified, to 265 HP is possible without significant consumption of the whole Engine/Gear parts... if you do not always go to the limit of the increased performance..

@ Jooseph, how many HP do you increased your Engine? I think the most Problem for the tuned Engine is the EGT or rather the whole Engine Temp.

Well :) to give a good picture, I was driving on two configuration. More of 50% of driving the engine was STOCK !

- First year on completly factory stock engine 0 - 35000 km mileage

- Second year and 35000-65000 km mileage I used 230 hp program + the second "stronger" program under the sport button .

It looks like - when I left parking the first few kilometers were always driven on 230 program, after 5-10 km sometimes I dare to push sport button which acitivated ~279 hp / 420 NM @ peak software, It could be that sport button was mostly used for overtaking , a few times it was also used to drive ~100 km distance non-stop.

A few days ago - engine was finally replaced. Beacuse old 2.0 NHT is no longer available - service ordered new a bit different 2.0 nht/nhh? MY 2011 /made in Mexico by the way/.

As for old engine - I examined old spark plugs - the color was ok, so only GM will know what happened. The oil color was definitely wrong and when they removed the oil pan - some water drops down to floor from engine block.

Talking about how much hp 2.0 NHT could possible resist , answer is - as much as the most weak part of engine.

The new 2.0T will have probably ~250hp. Will they change the block. How ? With re-design of the oil circulation inside engine ? With more sofisticated the materials ? heh ;)

As for my car the plans now are:

- drive a stock engine for few 1000 km

- measure stock hp and egt for new engine fuelled with pb98 fuel

- beacuse new engine is not covered with guarantiee I will consider the big IC and inlet pipes + sport cat and 3 inch exhaust

- after that I will see new egt and consider further ECU tuning - but will try to be 100% safe

If You have any good advices WHAT oil use - tell me. I used motul xcess 8100 5w40 every 15000 km - now I think I need something trustworthy to improve engine cooling.

Deine Antwort