3. Auto
  4. BMW
  5. 3er
  6. E90, E91, E92 & E93
  7. Pimp my Ride- HELP!!! (330d LCI)

Pimp my Ride- HELP!!! (330d LCI)

BMW 3er E90
Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 10:23

I apologize already now for the diverse questions and if I should have split these in difference categories. (and for the English) But it goes under “general upgrades and pimping” :)

Since very recent, I am a proud owner of an E90 330d xDrive from 2011. Lovely straight 6 with 25.000km on the clock. Soft leather. New Paddles (left shift down/right shift up). And much more OEM toys for boys. Winter and summer wheels are orig. BMWs 17 inch rims. Nothing special. BUT, I already did an Eco Tune with a removable module. Car now has 299 PS and 595Nm torque and 0.5-0.7L/100km reduction in diesel.

My goal is simple: upgrade the car to stay as close as possible to OEM to stay classy, without making it look like a 1980s prostitute, and without making enemies at the TuV.

(all respect to those of you who have pimped their rides beyond recognition. This is only my preference).

The pimping questions will be split in two areas. 1. Performance 2. Optics/comfort. PLEASE keep in mind the car is almost new when you suggest any upgrades.

1.A. Would a sport air filter and induction kit be wise for an almost new car? (K&N). Some of you in this forum say it is the best and other say it is $hit.

1.B. Would a different exhaust system (with controlled valve perhaps) be a wise choice? Remove DPF? Change just “endtopf”? Change only downpipe? I’m not a mechanical expert. So I don’t know the effect of each. Again, goal is better performance, and maybe just a little more bass-sound in the exhaust. Do you think a 335d dual exhaust end will keep it classy?

1.C. Performance brakes are out of the question. Long story. I posted this on a different thema yesterday.

1.D. What else would you do or have you done to your baby for "safe" performance.

OPTICS/COMFORT:

2.A. WHERE ON EARTH can I get red seat belts????!!!!! I can’t believe how difficult it is. Only for the front seats.

2.B. I want and upgrade for front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffusor. But no third party aftermarket. No carbon fiber. Which would you recommend? And do you know if BMW make non-carbon fiber performance mirrors?

2.C. This point is optics and comfort: I’m getting only 18 inch BBS performance rims. With NON-Runflat rubber. I want comfortable driving, and QUIET driving. Which wheels and dimensions would you get? 225/40? Or bigger? Dunlop SportMaxx have 68 db I read and have excellent wet and dry performance. Any experience? Any others you could recommend for silence and comfort?

2.D. The car is very quiet in the city but at +160km/h, the laws of physics hit me and it is much louder that I hoped a BMW is. But in your experience is it normal that it get very loud? And which of the following would you do to control noise: tires, insulation mats in doors and floor, aerodynamic parts, door and window seals, sound foil for the glass, driving slowly ;)? Any other suggestions to make my drive more quiet without buying a Lexus.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing your objective and expert opinion. If the MT admins would prefer me to split the questions in different threads, please tell me.

Beste Antwort im Thema

Zitat:

@Rabs330 schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 11:23:48 Uhr:

, without making it look like a 1980s prostitute

:):D:D:D

13 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
13 Antworten

Zitat:

@Rabs330 schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 11:23:48 Uhr:

, without making it look like a 1980s prostitute

:):D:D:D

1 A : If it's a Filter that needs Oil on it to work, NO, not wise. Oil comes on the Air-Flow-Meter and might cause Problems.

I like the '80's Prostitutes ;-)

http://www.google.de/imgres?...

Zitat:

1.A. Would a sport air filter and induction kit be wise for an almost new car? (K&N). Some of you in this forum say it is the best and other say it is $hit.

This can cause serious damage to the air mass meter because of the oil used in the Filter.

Zitat:

1.B. Would a different exhaust system (with controlled valve perhaps) be a wise choice? Remove DPF? Change just “endtopf”? Change only downpipe? I’m not a mechanical expert. So I don’t know the effect of each. Again, goal is better performance, and maybe just a little more bass-sound in the exhaust. Do you think a 335d dual exhaust end will keep it classy?

This is nonsense, you will never get good sound out of a diesel because of the diesel particle filter.

Zitat:

1.C. Performance brakes are out of the question. Long story. I posted this on a different thema yesterday.

If you seriously want to use the performance brakes you need other brake pads. The BMW brake pads are way to soft. I would go for some "real" performance brakes like from Performance Friction and co. 3500-5000€ will leave your bank account quickly.

Zitat:

1.D. What else would you do or have you done to your baby for "safe" performance.

Bigger intercooler (Wagner), sport suspension (H&R Monotube works with Xdrive, but you need to lower the car front and back for the same amout or Xdrive will cause problems), and I would go for a decent chip tuning.

Zitat:

OPTICS/COMFORT:

2.A. WHERE ON EARTH can I get red seat belts????!!!!! I can’t believe how difficult it is. Only for the front seats.

Your car is a diesel, I dont think this is something you should get. You could go for the BMW Performance seats, but they are just rebranded really expensive Recaros.

Zitat:

2.B. I want and upgrade for front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffusor. But no third party aftermarket. No carbon fiber. Which would you recommend? And do you know if BMW make non-carbon fiber performance mirrors?

BMW M package or BMW Performance. I would not get "poser" parts. In my eyes this is a waste of Money.

Zitat:

2.C. This point is optics and comfort: I’m getting only 18 inch BBS performance rims. With NON-Runflat rubber. I want comfortable driving, and QUIET driving. Which wheels and dimensions would you get? 225/40? Or bigger? Dunlop SportMaxx have 68 db I read and have excellent wet and dry performance. Any experience? Any others you could recommend for silence and comfort?

Goodyear Eagle F1 asym. 2, Dunlop SportMaxx RT, Conti SC5, Pirelli P Zero, Hankook S1 Evo 2, Nokian Z Line.

I had the Goodyears and now the Hankook. They are both very nice. Goodyear ist test winner 2015, but they are all close together. My friends drive the Pirelli, Dunlop and Nokian.

Zitat:

2.D. The car is very quiet in the city but at +160km/h, the laws of physics hit me and it is much louder that I hoped a BMW is. But in your experience is it normal that it get very loud? And which of the following would you do to control noise: tires, insulation mats in doors and floor, aerodynamic parts, door and window seals, sound foil for the glass, driving slowly ;)? Any other suggestions to make my drive more quiet without buying a Lexus.

Isolate doors with alubutyl, fix broken underfloor protection, alighn doors if they are not perfect, fix broken door seals. The E90 is a loud car. If i go faster than 180-200 wind noise is enormous. Against 250 its more like an airplane.

Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 11:10

Zitat:

@OO--II--OO schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 11:43:39 Uhr:

1 A : If it's a Filter that needs Oil on it to work, NO, not wise. Oil comes on the Air-Flow-Meter and might cause Problems.

I like the '80's Prostitutes ;-)

http://www.google.de/imgres?...

haha... exactly! Thats the 80s I meant.

Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 11:19

Thanks for the great feedback TL-01a. Few comments:

1.a. Noted. No oil filter. Better yet: no sports filter at all. Any alternative?

1.b I didnt want a better sound. I want better performance. Any brands? What can I do? And do you recommend I take out DPF? Yes/no and why?

1.c 3500.- for brakes is not an option. This i will leave out.

1d. As I said, I already have professional chip tuning. But intercooler is a good choice. Suspension, no. I wont be on race tracks.

2.a My car is a diesel? So I cant get red seatbelts? I dont understand. I dont want seats, like I said, no race track. Just cosmetic red seat belts. Suttle and nice.

2b FULLY agree. No posers.

2.d. Yes, at 200+ it is like an airplane. Will M sport package for exterior reduce wind noise???

Mich würde mal interessieren, ob ich Antworten auf deutsch in einem englischsprachigem BMW Forum bekommen würde???

Engisch kann nunmal fast jeder. Er ist ja bestimmt kein Amerikaner sondern aus Ungarn oder so!

Zitat:

@bmwe90325i schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 12:35:38 Uhr:

Engisch kann nunmal fast jeder.

Ich aber leider nicht so gut....:confused:

Dann musst du wohl mit Google übersetzen ;)

Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 11:58

I'm sorry for the english guys. I can read german, but cannot write it. And I am not "ein Amerikaner"

I came to the MT forum because the answer are mostly objective. People know their fact here (mostly).

So if my english irritates you, you are not objective. Because this is a technical forum. Not a german course.

And besides: 300 PS feels the same in every language ;)

Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 12:04

Zitat:

@bmwe90325i schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 12:35:38 Uhr:

Engisch kann nunmal fast jeder. Er ist ja bestimmt kein Amerikaner sondern aus Ungarn oder so!

I'm from Beirut. But I live in Europe. Why did you think Hungary? :) just curious.

Much more than 300PS is not possible if you want your engine to have a long life.

For more Power you would ned a bigger turbo, injectors, downpipe (not legal), bigger intercooler, bigger watercooler, oil cooler,...

Bigger brakes you would need for sure, sport clutch too,...

The gearbox will for sure not like such a high torq.

Themenstarteram 25. März 2015 um 12:36

Zitat:

@Tl-01a schrieb am 25. März 2015 um 13:28:33 Uhr:

Much more than 300PS is not possible if you want your engine to have a long life.

For more Power you would ned a bigger turbo, injectors, downpipe (not legal), bigger intercooler, bigger watercooler, oil cooler,...

Bigger brakes you would need for sure, sport clutch too,...

The gearbox will for sure not like such a high torq.

So you are saying enough with the performance upgrades.

How much would M Sports front spoiler, rear diffusor, and side skirts cost me in Germany?

And WHERE can I get red seat belts? I'm obsessing about them. Does anyone here have a pair I can buy?

Deine Antwort