3. Auto
  4. BMW
  5. 3er
  6. G20, G21, G80 & G81
  7. Clarifications on a BMW contract to buy a car

Clarifications on a BMW contract to buy a car

BMW 3er G21
Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2023 um 6:28

Hello everyone, and sorry for the English: I don't speak German, and that's the reason of this post.

I'm close to sign a purchase contract with a BMW official dealer for a used G21 to "export" it to Italy.

The contract seems good, but there's a part that I don't clearly understand:

"Mit dem Abschluss eines Leasingvertrages zwischen dem Kunden und Leasinggeber über das betref fende Fahrzeug tritt der Leasinggeber an Stelle des Kunden in den bestehenden Kaufvertrag ein. Der Leasingvertrag zwischen Leasinggeber und dem Kunden tritt in diesem Verhältnis an die Stelle des Kaufvertrages. Zahlung per Überweisung bei Bereitstellung (bei Abschluss eines genehmigten Leasing oder Finan zierungsvertrags ist die Sonderzahlung bzw. Anzahlung zum Bereitstellungstermin per Überweisung zu leisten)."

What does this mean? Seller told me the car is part of their service fleet.

Many thanks who's going to reply!

Cheers!

Ähnliche Themen
8 Antworten

During a lease, the leasing bank is the owner of the car. In other words, the bank buys the car from BMW and only lends it to you for the duration of the lease.

If you write that you want to export the car to Italy, you should first check with the leasing bank whether they agree to this. Because as I said, you are not the owner of the car and cannot freely dispose of it. You also need the bank’s approval for any changes to the car's registration

Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2023 um 12:17

@Bartik thanks a lot for your response.

I'm actually buying the car from the BMW dealer, not leasing it. But this text is in the purchase contract, that's why I'm puzzled.

Zitat:

@karmacore schrieb am 14. Dezember 2023 um 13:17:23 Uhr:

@Bartik thanks a lot for your response.

I'm actually buying the car from the BMW dealer, not leasing it. But this text is in the purchase contract, that's why I'm puzzled.

In this case you can ignore the passage in the contract.

Is this section in the cutom part of the contract or in the general terms and conditions (GTCs)? If it's in the GTC part, then it might by meant "in case of leasing". However, I sugget to check with the dealer anyways, just to be on the safe side.

Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2023 um 13:48

@Sephiroth it is in the custom part (well, I think). It's under

DETAILS ZUR ZAHLUNG UND SONSTIGE VEREINBARUNGEN.

Since we cannot review the entire contract, it is difficult for us to determine to which area this part belongs.

Therefore, wouldn't it be better to ask this question directly to the BMW dealer?

Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2023 um 14:15

I've already asked the dealer, waiting for his reply.

As I said, the part is under

DETAILS ZUR ZAHLUNG UND SONSTIGE VEREINBARUNGEN.

It’s a general term that obviously does not apply to you as you pay cash and do not lease the car. So any optional terms about a third party leasing company are irrelevant. They do not customize their contracts. They use one for all.

Deine Antwort