4. Volkswagen
  5. Passat
  6. Passat B8
  7. Ölverbrauch VW Arteon 200PS Diesel

Ölverbrauch VW Arteon 200PS Diesel

VW Arteon 3H
Themenstarteram 27. Mai 2021 um 6:22

Hallo zusammen,

seit Februar bin ich im Besitz eines neuen VW Arteon Shooting Brake mit dem 200PS Dieselmotor, mit derzeit ca. 5.500km Laufleistung.

Als ich gestern Abend nach der Arbeit nachhause fahren wollte, blinkte im Tacho die Meldung auf, dass ich bitte den Ölstand prüfen solle. Dies habe ich natürlich umgehend getan und festgestellt, dass der Ölstand unter Minimum liegt.

Kann jemand von ähnlich hohen Ölverbräuchen berichten?

Vielen Dank für evtl. Hilfestellungen und Antworten.

Ähnliche Themen
223 Antworten

Geht glaube ich im Notfall bis zu 0,5 Liter. Sollte in der BA stehen.

ist ja kein notfall...

Ich hab 150ps Diesel, aber vw509. Das ist 0w20.

ich den 200ps...

Zitat:

@Topper-Harley schrieb am 20. März 2023 um 16:55:06 Uhr:

Geht glaube ich im Notfall bis zu 0,5 Liter. Sollte in der BA stehen.

im notfall auch nur 0w30, steht in der ba..

Screenshot_20230320_184437_Firefox.jpg

ich hab auch schon mal einen halben Liter 5W30 nach VW 507.00 reingekippt. Ist ja nach spätestens 20.000km eh wieder rausverbrannt :D

Ich hab jetzt beim 150ps Diesel nach knapp 10000km mal 250ml nachgefüllt. Da kann man nicht meckern.

Hi, it's exactly the same for me. I also have an Arteon with 200 PS for the 2nd year, the mileage is approx. 43t km and on average I fill up at least 2x-3x, so a total of approx. I have to add 1-5 to 2 liters of oil during the service interval. For example, in the last 15t km, I already had to fill up twice or a total of 1.5 l of oil. As I see, most of them have this problem and I am not ok with it. I estimate that the problem could be in the viscosity of the oil. I absolutely do not like the fact that 0w30 engine oil is used. In my case, it's Shell's. I tend to change the viscosity of the oil to 5w40 of course with the appropriate specification ie 504/507. I think that might help. What are your opinions, can such an engine use oil of this viscosity (5w40)? And which oil do you recommend. I'm from Slovenia, where the temperatures vary between -15 and 0 degrees in winter and between 30 and 40 degrees in summer. Thanks in advance to everyone for the recommendations and answers!

Sure, you can run a 5W-40 oil in the engine. It's neither going to kill the engine nor will it harm the DPF. At least as long as it is a low SAPS oil. The reason why VW (and other manufacturers) uses such thin oils is to reduce the so called "Flottenemission". This is a number for the amount of CO² and other nature harming substance across all models of the company. If the exceed certain limits they have to pay fines, which in turn lowers the amount of money that the greedy bastards receive on their bank account. That's also the reason why we have such things as the automatic start/stop systems. The xW-40 will give you more reserve at the top end of the (running) temperature scale and it will also reduce such things as evaporative losses.

There is only one problem with using a 5W-40: Guarantee / Warranty. As long as you still have it, I would *not* change over. After that: change the oil once or twice a year (not the shitty 30,000km intervalls) and go ahead with the planned 5W-40.

Hello, first of all thanks for the really quick response. So such a 5w40 oil basically cannot harm this engine? As I understand it, changing with 5w30 oil during the warranty period should not be a problem. It will probably improve oil consumption at least a little bit compared to 0w30, I hope at least. I will definitely change the oil at 15k km, a 30k service interval will never be reasonable for me. Thanks again!

5W-30 and 0W-30 are interchangeable and "legal" in the warranty sense. This will, however, not improve the problem of increased oil consumption. On the "upper" end of the temperature scale both oils have the same viscosity. The high temp range is where the problem lies. Esp since these oils are "low" on the HTHS specs. The only advantage that the 0W has, is that it flows a little faster in really low temps. We are talking about -20° and less here. A 0W oil is not necessary in most parts of Europe. It doesn't hurt, tho.

Habe heute bei 20tkm die 3. 1l-Flasche angefangen 0.5l 5w30 nachgefüllt, derzeitiger Verbrauch ca 1l/8000km. Echt unbefriedigend, aber kein Reklamationsgrund.

200PS Motor im Passat 11/22.

5w30? da kommt doch 0w30 rein...

Entspricht der Norm 507 00. Habe immer noch die Hoffnung, dass das dickere Öl den Verbrauch senkt.

Deine Antwort