ForumInsignia A
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Opel
  5. Insignia
  6. Insignia A
  7. Noise ratchet type noise when accelerating or 2nd-3rd half clutch. Common to all 2.0 turbo

Noise ratchet type noise when accelerating or 2nd-3rd half clutch. Common to all 2.0 turbo

Opel Insignia A (G09)
Themenstarteram 29. September 2012 um 16:31

Hello fellow will expose a problem with my 2.0 turbo 4x4

Besides the annoying vibrations of the exhaust at idle, I discovered another small noise in motor does not appreciate me, so I commented to see if anyone knows anything about the matter:

On departure, when changing from first to second or second to third, if I do accelerating and while playing with the clutch half (toe / heel), you hear a clunk or apportionment of motor ratchet type (is hear something like this but heard very fast: cla, cla, cla, cla, cla), as a rattle at full speed. This is not a loud noise, but the truth is that it sounds pretty shabby, especially considering the expectations of a 220 hp badge.

Let's see if someone can take a cable and know it can be.

Thanks and greetings from Spain.

Ähnliche Themen
19 Antworten
Themenstarteram 3. Oktober 2012 um 15:18

Do not nobody responds ...?

Thanks and regards

am 3. Oktober 2012 um 21:58

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von ais1970

Do not nobody responds ...?

Thanks and regards

1. Gear box to be inspected

or

2. Flywheel to be replaced /if the rattling occurs when the cluth pedal is partially pressed during acceleration/ , I think this would be the cause.

So , prepare at least 1000 E for new clutch set, new clutch cylinder with bearing, new twin mass flywhell .

I suspect, most 2.0t 4x4 owners soon or later had to replace stock flywheel because it is simply plastic crap from damn Bosch.

Not possible to refubirish, very expensive, build from plastic/elastomer inside.

New version for 2.0t 4x4 costs 15% more than previous flywheel. No one tell You if is better than previous.

Themenstarteram 4. Oktober 2012 um 12:28

Thanks for your reply mate.

As you point out, ratchet noise occurs when the clutch half and step on the accelerator.

But this noise ratchet has my car since I bought it new with 70 km. Do you think that the car could be shipped with the clutch and dual mass flywheel damaged?

Thanks again

am 4. Oktober 2012 um 21:35

Zitat:

Thanks for your reply mate.

As you point out, ratchet noise occurs when the clutch half and step on the accelerator.

But this noise ratchet has my car since I bought it new with 70 km. Do you think that the car could be shipped with the clutch and dual mass flywheel damaged?

Thanks again

If you need to be 100% sure - put the car on brake, engage 1st gear, push brake+push 1/3 clutch, push acceleration to ~1800 RPM, if rattling occurs in this situation when car is stoped - it is flywheel. But do this test very gently to protect the cuth from buning.

Generally You can drive with this for 30-60 kKm , the risk is that after that mileage the flywheel or clutch cylinder will give up.

ps. as for the question - it is possible, after replacing flywheel I was able to reproduct this sound , it was just less audible.

Themenstarteram 5. Oktober 2012 um 10:06

My car has electric handbrake, so I can not perform this test because the brake is off. How I can do that?

I commented that I circulate with noise about 7000 km, then is not there fault?

From what you say, I take it smooth ratchet noise could even be normal?

Thanks again, I am very worried.

am 5. Oktober 2012 um 16:43

Zitat:

My car has electric handbrake, so I can not perform this test because the brake is off. How I can do that?

I commented that I circulate with noise about 7000 km, then is not there fault?

From what you say, I take it smooth ratchet noise could even be normal?

Thanks again, I am very worried.

do not worry, I have few cars and all - new or old had problems, it is normal.

to test it , record the sound on phone or use left foot to push clutch and right to brake and accelerate at the same time, 1800 RPM is enought to reproduce the sound,

as for the other question - yes, I think someone could say it is "normal" in 2.0t

- because of faulty design of bosch flywheel and VERY sensitive clutch cylinder, flywhell has two steel plates connected with metal ring and separated by plastic and some dampers - springs. The new flywheel for 2.0t has to much space between "plates" , it is "loose", to the point that new flywheel assembled in 2.0t - according to GM procedures can not follow the service specs ans ought to be replaced , because both "plates" hit each other when clutch is engaged partially - and this is "rattling".

I have seen brand new flywheel mounted in my car - and I asked "wow - it is the old one ? " , beacause I could rotate it and simple - no damping , just click - clack, and both plates connected without proper stifness.

so you could drive with this sound even 30000 km ,

sporty driving will shorten this period and rattling will be v.loud.

My actual flywhell had 20000 km and I can hear smooth rattling on 1st gear, and sound like helicopeter when car is stooped and clutch is pushed in 1/2 .

This month I will replace flywheel and other parts. I hope to get a new flywhell /different part number than old one/

Themenstarteram 6. Oktober 2012 um 9:14

Thanks for all the information provided by you me companion.

How should I approach this in the official workshop Opel to get me to change the clutch / flywheel?

Another thing, what if only ratchet makes noise in circulation, when changing from 1st to 2nd gear clutch aprietando halfway and while accelerating?. I say "NO" does when the car is stationary, it does so only in circulation.

By the way, are you a mechanic Opel?

Thanks again and a big hug.

Themenstarteram 7. Oktober 2012 um 7:15

Hello again "jooseph"

I make a few more questions:

My vehicle is made in March 2011, does it take the old clutch / dual mass flywheel or carries the new?. You know from that date are installed clutches / flywheels improved?

The flagship 2.0 trubo 4x4 250HP, does it take the old or the Improved clutch / dual mass flywheel?

I give thanks and strongly I send you a big hug from Spain, "THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME"

am 7. Oktober 2012 um 7:52

Zitat:

Hello again "jooseph"

I make a few more questions:

My vehicle is made in March 2011, does it take the old clutch / dual mass flywheel or carries the new?. You know from that date are installed clutches / flywheels improved?

The flagship 2.0 trubo 4x4 250HP, does it take the old or the Improved clutch / dual mass flywheel?

I give thanks and strongly I send you a big hug from Spain, "THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME"

2.0t 250 hp, 4x4 - new part number for flywhell, new bearings, different gearbox output shaft, my 2012

2011 - your car had an old type of flywheel for 99% , I had 2 new flywheel replaced in 2011 and both were the same , the same problems with click-clack and rattilng when I wanted to change gear fast

but it is more complicated with new number of flywheel - because sometimes new part from GM has a new number but nobody knows what is different , example: producent is Valeo, Lucas or Bosch and what had had changed except part number and price.

For sure Bosch is problematic in 2.0t,

here where I live - nobody want to refubirish my old flywheel because it is from plastic and will not withstand more than 15000 km of guarantee, LUK, Valeo ? No problem to repair for 200E, flywheel is even stronger and better aseembled than factory new one. But not possible with Bosch, 

as for fact that You car rattles only when drive - if this is flywheel rattling of course,

it means that it is moderately damaged, when it will start to rattle on each time when car moves - You will find to impossible to drive that way for long beacause car will be simply to loud. You could postpone this time by trying to nor "drive be wire", softly operate the clutch /it is possible to learn how to operate clutch and acceleration without doing click-clack by fywheel/

As for service approach - You should be able to replicate te sound of rattling in service, if it is audible each time - they should replace the flywheel if car is new on guarantee if the radial and axial clearance exceed specyfic values - measuring on toothed gear of primary wheel of flywhell , this is what I called previously "loose" .

Of course the other factors should be considered - if this is for 100% flywheel or if it is worthy to disassemble the clutch in brand new car, if car rattles sometimes - maybe wait ? In three weeks I should replace flywheel in my car along with cutch and bearing. So I could advice more. I will be able to inspect the old and new flywheel and clutch bearing by myself. I want also to inspect the old clutch damper spring.

I hope that I will get new type of flywheel and estimate if it is worhly to replace it.

Themenstarteram 7. Oktober 2012 um 19:49

Hello again mate, thanks for the great time I spend and the valuable information provided by you me.

The car only makes noise in circulation, it does in standing, so as you recommend, I'll wait three or four weeks you change your clutch DMF and I can provide new information about the failure.

The truth is I'm scared uqe I open the clutch of a new car, but also bugs me that the warranty ends and then spoil the whole.

I look forward to your information, thank you again for everything, has been very lucky find friend. Warm regards from Spain (you know, the country of the economic crisis hahahaha).

Themenstarteram 9. Oktober 2012 um 22:01

Hello again, I learned several things:

The flagship 250HP apparently is actually 220HP equipped with the option POC "W7X" meaning: P 29,724 W7X "INCREASED PERFORMANCE ENGINE HORSE POWER PACKAGE" E 0 990 527 EA

The Opel EPC are three references to the flywheel of the Insignia 2.0 turbo:

* 55562132. 6 16 547 flywheel (is what leads my 220CV)

* 55574137. 6 16 243 flywheel (EXCEPT increased engine performance)

* 24260639. 6 16 302 flywheel (For engine performance W7X POC)

Common to all of them, you see the pack of 8 screws:

* 11562103. 48 10 467 BOLT, FLYWHEEL TO CRANKSHAFT, M10 X 26 (USED COMMON WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION F40)

Greetings, I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

Zitat:

Hello again, I learned several things:

The flagship 250HP apparently is actually 220HP equipped with the option POC "W7X" meaning: P 29,724 W7X "INCREASED PERFORMANCE ENGINE HORSE POWER PACKAGE" E 0 990 527 EA

The Opel EPC are three references to the flywheel of the Insignia 2.0 turbo:

* 55562132. 6 16 547 flywheel (is what leads my 220CV)

* 55574137. 6 16 243 flywheel (EXCEPT increased engine performance)

* 24260639. 6 16 302 flywheel (For engine performance W7X POC)

Common to all of them, you see the pack of 8 screws:

* 11562103. 48 10 467 BOLT, FLYWHEEL TO CRANKSHAFT, M10 X 26 (USED COMMON WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION F40)

Greetings, I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

it is correct for part numbers,

the screws - no need to replace, whole wheel is secured with pin, but this is

to dicide.

my dmf arrived, and clutch + clutch bearing, on monday morning I will start to replace it, I can not tell which one flywhell I have got, I will report more monday eveninig.

I think the best option for 2.0t 4x4 is 616302 but this is almost 1000 E , for my flywheel I have paid 500E and still I do not have it to check the number and quality

Regards

Themenstarteram 12. Oktober 2012 um 8:48

Jooseph thank you very much,

I look forward to the new information that you provide on Monday, I hope you get lucky and your flywheel is the good (616,302).

By the way, much fuss is made to remove and replace the clutch and flywheel?, I get a little scary because the car is so new, it takes only 7000 km.

Not if I have said it already, but your 2.0T 4x4 that is manufactured date?, Mine in March 2011.

If indiscretion not answer me, but are you Opel mechanic?

Thank you all once again receive a warm greeting from Spain.

---

Jooseph thank you very much,

Ich freue mich auf die neue Informationen, die Sie am Montag, ich hoffe, Sie Glück haben und Ihre Schwungrad ist die gute (616.302).

By the way, viel Aufhebens gemacht wird zu entfernen und ersetzen Sie die Kupplung und Schwungrad?, Ich bin ein wenig beängstigend zu bekommen, denn das Auto ist so neu, dauert es nur 7000 km.

Nicht, wenn ich sagte es bereits, aber. Ihre 2.0T 4x4 das ist aktuell?, Mine März 2011 hergestellt

Wenn Indiskretion mir nicht antworten, aber bist du Opel Mechaniker?

Ich danke Ihnen allen noch einmal erhalten einen herzlichen Gruß aus Spanien.

am 13. Oktober 2012 um 8:58

my car is 2009my ,

to replace the dmf - the gearbox needs to be removed. approx 4-8 hours to finish whole job depends on workshop experience. If car is new - chances are that service can do some minor damages to some parts in engine compartment.

I am not opel mechanic.

Deine Antwort