4. Mercedes
  5. E-Klasse
  6. W212
  7. T-model petrol mopf E200 vs. E250 vs. E300 Hybrid

T-model petrol mopf E200 vs. E250 vs. E300 Hybrid

Mercedes E-Klasse S212
Themenstarteram 29. Dezember 2014 um 9:52

Dear All,

As I already mentioned in another recent topic, I'm going to buy my first MB car - T-model mopf petrol E200 or E250 after 15 years of Japanese car addiction :).

Could you please help me to choose between these two options?

How much would I feel the difference in power between them? I live in NL, but quite often travel to or through Germany with cruising speed about 160-170 km/h (if allowed).

Are there other pro's and con's?

Beste Antwort im Thema
am 29. Dezember 2014 um 17:23

However: We don´t know your personal preferences, so please test both versions for your own opinion! :)

39 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
39 Antworten

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 22:46:55 Uhr:

Sitzheitzung, yes probably your are right. My calculations show that I would have about 600 euro extra costs per year for E400 case comparing to E250 petrol.

Another question:

There is a car for sale - http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/258269916

It is about 1000 euro cheaper than other comparable cars, it has all options I need, but as the MB dealer said: the car had a small incident and the front bumper was replaced, but no metal parts etc. were damaged.

Dear All, do you think that this (and similar) car(s) could be considered or only "Unfallfrei" should be in scope?

Thanks! :)

The Car in your Link looks nice, it has a lot of extras like Comand-Navigation, Driving assistant package plus, but no- for me that's a big point- no Leather Seats. I for myself would never buy a car for daily use without leather again. If leather is not important for you, you can take this one, the price is absolutely fine and it has only 23000 km on it. Unfallfrei is only really important, if you are buying a car at a free dealer, not original Mercedes. If it is at Mercedes, the crash is mostly good repaired and the car is as good as other ones.

am 7. Januar 2015 um 13:38

Hey Peter,

first of all, you should not post things like that when you are currently in the Mercedes-part of motor-talk ;)

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 12:43:23 Uhr:

but I may mention that Japanese cars still have at least equal (of higher) reliability than the German ones.

You won´t find many friends with comments like that -lol-

Seriously: I have again to agree with Sitzheizung. The Merc in the link looks good and the price is reasonable. If the repairs were professionally made by Mercedes-Benz and they show you the receipts for it, I wouldn´t be worried. Personally I do not insist to have a car with leather seats, but what is a Merc without them? It´s like a Merc with stick-shifting. That might be a problem later when you are going to sell the car. But with this argument you possibly can negotiate on the price again.

Themenstarteram 7. Januar 2015 um 18:20

Sitzheitzung and Sprinter319, thank you very much for your feedback and advises :).

Yes, this car is definitely good and the salesman is quite open for questions and informative, as I got from the phone conversation with him and your replies.

I do not mind to live without a leather-covered seats and also I plan to buy a car for several years at least, so finally the discount due to repaired bumper should be depreciated when I will sell a car later. This E200 should be OK for me.

I'm looking now to this and a few other cars (got VIN numbers to check the options and equipment) and make my choice. I still have a couple of weeks for this :). The rest of the cars are accident free, but cost 1000-1500 euro extra. And there is one E250 for +3000 euro... hmm... I plan to start with it and check if I can get it within my budget :). And if not - the cheapest E200 with all needed options should win :).

I may come back in a few days with the most probable candidates to discuss and compare, so I apologize in advance for being annoying ;).

PS. A drove Japanese cars for the last 15 years - Suzuki Liana, Mitsubishi Outlander, Honda Odyssey and Mitsubishi Grandis, my wife's cars were/are also Japanese: Daihatsu Cuore and Mitsubishi Space Star (2013), so I hardly have another source of car knowledge to compare.

Actually this is my first experience to own a German car, so I hope that you would forgive mentioned non-MB forbidden words here :).

Themenstarteram 10. Januar 2015 um 21:21

Ooops... Nope, not enough, even OOOPS.... :(

Due to some unexpected financial obligations my budget for a car went down.

I need to step back from E200 to C200 or even to C180 (2013, before the 2014's facelift).

Sorry for spending your time, dear All.

I move to the W204 forum...

Thank you very much for a lot of useful conversations and meaningful advises.

I hope to get back here later for my next car... :)

am 12. Januar 2015 um 12:37

No worries mate. The 204 is also a very good and reliable car, just a little small. If you e. g. run out of budget due to offspring, you will need a car with much space. I think the 204 is not the right choice then. Skoda´s Superb in example offers almost as much space as the E-class does, but it fits in the budget of the C-class. Even though it´s also a reliable car.

Themenstarteram 12. Januar 2015 um 12:59

Sprinter319, thank you very much for these encouraging words.

Actually I was planning to proceed with purchase of the C180 car mentioned as #1 in my thread at the C-class forum (http://www.motor-talk.de/.../...c200-2013-help-is-needed-t5171403.html), but this morning brought good news about the expected bonus at my work.

So I've booked booked the E200 discussed above (http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/258269916) and waiting for the purchase contract from the MB representative :). Thank you also for the useful discussion about this car a few days ago :).

So it looks like I'm with you, guys :).

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 13:59:06 Uhr:

Sprinter319, thank you very much for these encouraging words.

Actually I was planning to proceed with purchase of the C180 car mentioned as #1 in my thread at the C-class forum (http://www.motor-talk.de/.../...c200-2013-help-is-needed-t5171403.html), but this morning brought good news about the expected bonus at my work.

So I've booked booked the E200 discussed above (http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/258269916) and waiting for the purchase contract from the MB representative :). Thank you also for the useful discussion about this car a few days ago :).

So it looks like I'm with you, guys :).

Nice to hear the you can buy the E-Class! This one ist the right for you! see you in the Community when you have it!

am 12. Januar 2015 um 14:01

An Peter do me a favor please: When you go licensing your car in the Netherlands, please ask for WHITE plates! These yellow plates have a bad reputation in Germany ;)

Themenstarteram 12. Januar 2015 um 18:02

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 14:14:53 Uhr:

Nice to hear the you can buy the E-Class! This one ist the right for you! see you in the Community when you have it!

Danke! :). I hope to post a few photos here soon as a proud owner of this car.

Zitat:

@Sprinter319 schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 15:01:00 Uhr:

An Peter do me a favor please: When you go licensing your car in the Netherlands, please ask for WHITE plates! These yellow plates have a bad reputation in Germany ;)

Hmmm... but how can I ride in the left line without Dutch plates? :D

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 19:02:53 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 14:14:53 Uhr:

Danke! :). I hope to post a few photos here soon as a proud owner of this car.

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 19:02:53 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Sprinter319 schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 15:01:00 Uhr:

Hmmm... but how can I ride in the left line without Dutch plates? :D

We say in Germany: Schwarze Nummer auf gelbem Grund, halte Abstand, bleib gesund! ;) But doesn't matter...

Themenstarteram 12. Januar 2015 um 20:21

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 21:11:28 Uhr:

We say in Germany: Schwarze Nummer auf gelbem Grund, halte Abstand, bleib gesund! ;) But doesn't matter...

He-he-he... but what's about "Nach Links"? ;).

Anyhow, personally I'm not Dutch :).

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 21:21:08 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 21:11:28 Uhr:

It's just a joke:):D

Themenstarteram 12. Januar 2015 um 20:55

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 21:33:18 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 12. Januar 2015 um 21:21:08 Uhr:

It's just a joke:):D

Well... I'm driving in NL since 2005 and I would say that this joke is not only a joke, if you see my point ;).

But this goes a bit better with time.

Themenstarteram 16. Januar 2015 um 18:58

Ok, E200 is my garage box ;).

I've REALLY enjoyed the 440km drive from Fulda to NL.

I made it not-stop and with the Attention Assist warned me at the last 30km only.

Distronic+, Line Assist, multi contour seat with massage etc. and overall MB performance are great things.

I was tired after max. 300-350km with my former Mitsu Grandis (not a bad car!), but it can't be compared with MB :)

More pictures to come (I still need to do some formalities here in NL before I can drive the car).

E200
Dashboard

Nice Car, congrats have fun

Deine Antwort