2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Phaeton
  6. Regensensor

Regensensor

Themenstarteram 14. September 2006 um 9:45

Hallo,

seit ich meinen V6 habe (ca. 3Monate), lese ich oft hier im Forum. Manchmal wundere ich mich ja schon über die Postings, besonders die negativen. Bei meinem funktioniert bisher alles super, bis auf:

und da habe ich mal eine Frage zum Regensensor.

Ich habe den Eindruck dem ist der Regen recht egal, ich muss immer die Empfindlichkeit nachstellen. Nur wenn ich stehe, bleibt auch der Wischer stehen.

Ich hatte einen Esatz Phaeton für einige Tage, da war das anders, der hat wirklich auf viel oder wenig Regen reagiert.

Habt Ihr da Erfahrungen? ist das ein Fall für die Werkstatt?

Gruß

Sugu

Ähnliche Themen
10 Antworten

hallo sugulu,

sei froh das alles bei deinem gut läuft und auch so bleibt ;)

Manche fahren den Phaeton schon seit 3-4 Jahren.

Viele haben, Gott sei Dank, keine Ärgernisse, oder sehr wenige.

Und bei manchen kommt es manchmal ganz Dicke.

Was die Regensensorik angeht, kann ich die mangelnde Empfindlichkeit bei älteren Modellen bestätigen.

Ich weiß jedoch nicht, ob die Regensensorik bei den neuesten Modellen bereits modifiziert wurde.

Jedoch kann ich sagen, dass dies den Entwicklern des Phaetons bekannt ist und gegen eine andere Regensensorik ausgetauscht werden soll. Evtl. erst im Phaeton II.

Ein nachjustieren der Regensensorik soll angeblich, nach Aussage der Fachleute aus WOB, die bei den FPOC Treffen dabei waren, nicht möglich sein.

Evtl. kann einer, der seinen neuen Phaeton aus der GMD seit einigen Monaten fährt berichten, wie es sich mit den aktuellen Regensensoren verhält.

Gruß

aci

Habe meinen seit fast 4 Wochen... der Sensor funktioniert einwandfrei... doch manchmal wischen die Blätter zu hecktisch und ich stelle auf manuell...und ab einer gewissen Geschwindigkeit sind die Scheibenwischer eh überflüssig !!

"Empfindlichleit der Regensensorik": Die Wischerblätter setzen meist zu spät ein.

Yep, ich hab´ das gleiche Problem. V6TDI, Ez. 2/2005

Der Regensensor nervt ...

Themenstarteram 14. September 2006 um 17:13

Danke für das Feedback. Scheint also nicht nur mein Problem zu sein. Ich werde meil meine Werkstatt fragen, die tauschen ja so gerne alles aus, vielleicht hilft es auch hier. Ich werde dann berichten.

Mein Bruder hat übrigens einen Audi A4 BJ 2005 und da arbeitet der Senso so, wie man sich das vorstellt...

Sugu

Within the North American Phaeton owner community, there have been very few complaints about the rain-sensor. Most owners are satisfied with how it works.

If the intermittent wiper function does not appear to be responding properly to the presence of rain on the windshield, there are three items that the owner can investigate in order to solve the problem. I have listed them here in order of priority:

1) Are the wiper blades in good condition, and doing a proper job of removing the water from the small square 'window' that the rainsensor looks out of? Wiper blades deteriorate over time (time being a more important issue than mileage) due to exposure to ozone and other gases in the atmosphere. If the wiper blades have not been replaced within the last 12 months, that is usually the first action to take.

2) Is the glass directly in front of the rain-sensor absolutely clean, and free of any chemical film? 'Touchless' car washes normally spray a rinse agent (a surfactant) onto the vehicle to help shed water at the end of the wash cycle. If there is any surfactant residue on the glass over the window that the rain-sensor looks out, it will change the reflectivity of the glass, and thus confuse the rain-sensor.

If you have any doubts, the best way to clean the glass over the rain-sensor is to use a fairly strong chemical such as pure alcohol, methyl-ethyl-ketone, rennbenzine, or similar. You can also clean the glass with a clay-bar, this is also very effective.

3) Some owners have observed that the forward face of the rain-sensor (which is sort of a soft plastic) has delaminated from the inside surface of the windshield. This can be observed if you look at the rain-sensor from the outside and observe anything that looks like an air bubble - or a difference in appearance - across the rectangle that the rain-sensor occupies. If there appears to be any delamination, this can be fixed by removing the cover from the base of the mirror, and gently pressing on the rain-sensor (working diagonally from one corner to the opposite diagonal corner). There is more information about how to remove the cover at the base of the mirror on this thread on the English language forum: Removing the Front Overhead Control Panel. It is only necessary to remove the cover (as shown in the first 4 photos) - no further dis-assembly is needed to access the rain-sensor.

Hope this information is useful.

Michael

Also mein Regensensor läuft normal, allerdings habe ich mir nie Gedanken gemacht, wie er funktioniert.

Nach dem Studium der site von Paneuropean: Removing the Front Overhead Panel, ist mir fast schlecht geworden. Aber die Anleitung ist schon Spitze.

Aber ich weiss immer noch nicht, wie er funktioniert.

Themenstarteram 19. September 2006 um 8:17

hey Michael,

many thanks for your posting. I will see if one of your recomendations will help.

I did look into your PanEuropean page with great interest already several times. This is really a very good work of yours.

take care, Sugu

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von swissuser

Aber ich weiss immer noch nicht, wie er funktioniert.

My guess is that the rain-sensor functions by detecting a difference in the nature of the light that is refracted through the windshield... it then interprets the difference as being rain.

I once flew an aircraft that had a similar device on the windshield to detect ice forming on the outside of the aircraft. The idea was very good: If there was a difference in refractivity, it would likely be a result of ice forming on the glass. But, the designers of this wonderful gadget forgot to consider that the airplane hits insects as it flies along. So, if a insect committed suicide on top of the ice-sensor, we would get an ice warning, even if it was +30° outside.

Such is life...

Michael

Zitat:

My guess is that the rain-sensor functions by detecting a difference in the nature of the light that is refracted through the windshield... it then interprets the difference as being rain.

I always surmised that only the conductivity between two electrodes is the criteria. I observed that a dirty windshield with few humidity starts the whiper but after washing the wiper remains inactive.

But I never tried to find out where such electrodes are on the windshield. I only dropped the washer if the wiper begins to wipe the more or less dry windshield.

Deine Antwort