4. Volkswagen
  5. Tiguan
  6. Tiguan 2
  7. Active Info Display - Navigation map Zoom in/out

Active Info Display - Navigation map Zoom in/out

VW Tiguan 2 (AD)
Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2016 um 5:55

Hi,

I dont have a Tiguan but I do have a Passat B8 with an Active Info Display. Very nice feature but I am not happy with the display of the map on the aid. The system zooms in and out automatic. But he shows the map way too small (zooms out too much). I want it to have it zoomed in way better, but this is technicaly not possible Volkwagen said. I asked them if it is possible to add a feature to let users decide the scale on the aid like you can on the Discover pro. But there reaction was this is not possible. Now I am looking to Tiguan video's on Youtube and saw that with the new Tiguan it is possible to zoom in manually onto a map displayed on the AID. Is this true? Is it also possible while navigating?

Link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=-PijTMt8RBU

You can see the manual zoom feature on 00:45.

Thanks for your help!

Wes

Beste Antwort im Thema

Zitat:

@eurostar1943 schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 14:42:49 Uhr:

Was muß ich tun, um das Forum in Deutsch zu empfangen?

Meinst Du damit, man sollte Personen, welche der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig sind, besser nicht helfen?

So oft kommt es doch nicht vor, oder?

18 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
18 Antworten

Yes, it is possible with the new Tiguan.

If you have the navigation in the head unit you can turn the right

knob to zoom. (at least with the Discover Media)

Then you can change from head unit to AID and back.

Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2016 um 7:53

Thanks! It would be nice when they add this feature on the older versions too. But knowing Volkswagen they won't ??. Another frustration from me is that they advert with pictures from the AID with navigation screen with a highly zoomed in map with a angle that I never saw in real life.

They intend to give a TomTom style view but its just a photoshopped image. But they use it in there brochures! Not done! When I asl for this they also say its not possible...

Be aware: the manuel zoom of the AID comes only with the Discover Media (DM), since there the AID is just a copy of the DM. So if you zoom-in/zoom-out the map on the DM, the map in the AID will also do the same. But if you have the Discover Pro (DP) then the AID is seperated from the DP and since the AID hasn´t got the option to zoom, you can only zoom the Map of the DP.

Themenstarteram 14. Dezember 2016 um 18:49

Zitat:

@MartinSHL schrieb am 14. Dezember 2016 um 09:11:09 Uhr:

Be aware: the manuel zoom of the AID comes only with the Discover Media (DM), since there the AID is just a copy of the DM. So if you zoom-in/zoom-out the map on the DM, the map in the AID will also do the same. But if you have the Discover Pro (DP) then the AID is seperated from the DP and since the AID hasn´t got the option to zoom, you can only zoom the Map of the DP.

Thanks for the extra info! Its strange people with a cheaper navigation unit have this extra feature. Do you guys also think the map on the aid zooms out too much mostly or is it just me? ??

Actually it´s not an extra Feature - it´s just because the AID is a simple copy of the DM. So it does and shows exactly the same as the DM.

If you have the DP you´ll have 2 different maps and they show different things, react differently and can be configurated in different ways.

Themenstarteram 15. Dezember 2016 um 7:52

Zitat:

@MartinSHL schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 08:18:35 Uhr:

Actually it´s not an extra Feature - it´s just because the AID is a simple copy of the DM. So it does and shows exactly the same as the DM.

If you have the DP you´ll have 2 different maps and they show different things, react differently and can be configurated in different ways.

Yeah, but thats just the thing I dont like. I do not need to see the roads 20km ahead like the AID shows it now. The scale on my DP is always set to 30 or 50 meters. Since the AID is more in the line of sight it would be more usefull if it folows the DP also. This because the screen of the DP is positioned a little bit too low and that can cause dangerous situations because you have to look away from the road.

A few days ago I was driving along a river. Because the AID zoomed out too much (at 90kmh) the AID map even did not show the river anymore.

As far as I know the scaling depends on:

- if you have an active routing

- and on your current speed

If you are driving an a freeway (german Autobahn) you don´t need to see the map close to 30m so it zooms out to 2km (or something like this).

But when you´re driving downtown at a slow pace it will zoom in to 200/100/50/...

(the AID as well as the DP)

Themenstarteram 15. Dezember 2016 um 8:22

Zitat:

@MartinSHL schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 09:03:45 Uhr:

As far as I know the scaling depends on:

- if you have an active routing

- and on your current speed

If you are driving an a freeway (german Autobahn) you don´t need to see the map close to 30m so it zooms out to 2km (or something like this).

But when you´re driving downtown at a slow pace it will zoom in to 200/100/50/...

(the AID as well as the DP)

Yeah, you have a point that 30-50 meters is too close. But when I am not navigating and I drive on realy small roads where I was never before I like to see every sideroad. But at 50km/h the AID scale is over 200 meter with the result it even did not show the sideroads anymore. At that point the AID had zero functionality. And what disturbs me most is that Volkswagen shows a total different picture in there brochures. I dont understand manufacturers can advert with something that doesnt excist.

PS: Maybe in Germany its normal that the maps zooms out to 2km because most Germans drive 200km/h :-D. Here in Belgium with our slow 120km/h policy its not that useful hahaha :-D. I envy German roads :-D.

Zitat:

@Yargo schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 09:22:11 Uhr:

And what disturbs me most is that Volkswagen shows a total different picture in there brochures. I dont understand manufacturers can advert with something that doesnt excist.

You mean the picture you posted yesterday with all the 3D-buildings shown on the AID?

That also only works with the DM. Why? Since it´s a 1:1 copy. As I mentioned before, with the DM the AID shows exactly the same contents. So if you have the 3d-buildings activated on the DM you will have them as well on the AID.

Hallo Martin,

kannst Du mir mal sagen, wo ich im DM (nicht DP) die 3-D Gebäude aktivieren kann?

Also da finde ich absolut nichts dazu.

Themenstarteram 15. Dezember 2016 um 8:59

Zitat:

@MartinSHL schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 09:31:48 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Yargo schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 09:22:11 Uhr:

And what disturbs me most is that Volkswagen shows a total different picture in there brochures. I dont understand manufacturers can advert with something that doesnt excist.

You mean the picture you posted yesterday with all the 3D-buildings shown on the AID?

That also only works with the DM. Why? Since it´s a 1:1 copy. As I mentioned before, with the DM the AID shows exactly the same contents. So if you have the 3d-buildings activated on the DM you will have them as well on the AID.

Yes. I also see 3D Buildings on my AID. But the picture I posted yesterday shows a view like you get on a Tomtom navigation unit. The angle is different then on the Media.

@yargo:

do you have the DM or DP?

Since I have the DP I can´t tell you how the buildings look like in the AID if you zoom-in on the DM.

Zitat:

@heffe schrieb am 15. Dezember 2016 um 09:50:37 Uhr:

Hallo Martin,

kannst Du mir mal sagen, wo ich im DM (nicht DP) die 3-D Gebäude aktivieren kann?

Also da finde ich absolut nichts dazu.

Maybe "activated" was the wrong term. Better to say "when they are available on the map". I don´t think you can switch them on and off.

O.K.,

you wrote "As I mentioned before, with the DM the AID shows exactly the same contents. So if you have the 3d-buildings activated on the DM you will have them as well on the AID."

I am absolutely sure, that in the DM you can´t see 3D buildings.

am 15. Dezember 2016 um 13:42

Was muß ich tun, um das Forum in Deutsch zu empfangen?

Deine Antwort