4. Mercedes
  5. E-Klasse
  6. W212
  7. T-model petrol mopf E200 vs. E250 vs. E300 Hybrid

T-model petrol mopf E200 vs. E250 vs. E300 Hybrid

Mercedes E-Klasse S212
Themenstarteram 29. Dezember 2014 um 9:52

Dear All,

As I already mentioned in another recent topic, I'm going to buy my first MB car - T-model mopf petrol E200 or E250 after 15 years of Japanese car addiction :).

Could you please help me to choose between these two options?

How much would I feel the difference in power between them? I live in NL, but quite often travel to or through Germany with cruising speed about 160-170 km/h (if allowed).

Are there other pro's and con's?

Beste Antwort im Thema
am 29. Dezember 2014 um 17:23

However: We don´t know your personal preferences, so please test both versions for your own opinion! :)

39 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
39 Antworten

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 29. Dezember 2014 um 10:52:37 Uhr:

Dear All,

As I already mentioned in another recent topic, I'm going to buy my first MB car - T-model mopf petrol E200 or E250 after 15 years of Japanese car addiction :).

Could you please help me to choose between these two options?

How much would I feel the difference in power between them? I live in NL, but quite often travel to or through Germany with cruising speed about 160-170 km/h (if allowed).

Are there other pro's and con's?

If you don't want to drive all the time with about 220 km/h, the 200 Petrol is absolutely fine! 160-170 is no problem, and even 200-210 is possible. The 250 only makes sense if you have to pull trailers often and like to drive sportive and fast, but for the daily use the 250 is wasted money.

Sitzheitzung.

am 29. Dezember 2014 um 12:58

I´d says so, too. Before I bought the 200CDI I also tested the 200CGI and was impressed how powerful this little engine works in this big car. Also the fuel economy was excellent. In average just 7L / 100km. Of course it will take more petrol, when you are constantly driving 160-170. Since the 200CGI is also cheaper than the 250, I´d really recommend it. Possibly the insurance and tax is cheaper for the 200 as well.

Themenstarteram 29. Dezember 2014 um 13:37

Vielen Dank!

OK, I expect to have less stress on my budget with E200 purchase :).

It is 3-4k euro cheaper and more cars are presented in the affordable price range.

am 29. Dezember 2014 um 17:23

However: We don´t know your personal preferences, so please test both versions for your own opinion! :)

Themenstarteram 29. Dezember 2014 um 19:35

Zitat:

@Sprinter319 schrieb am 29. Dezember 2014 um 18:23:54 Uhr:

You are definitely right :).

I already tested E200 and found sufficient its acceleration at the speed range from 0 to 130 km/h, but I did not get an opportunity to drive E250 yet. This is in my to-do list :).

Themenstarteram 4. Januar 2015 um 10:31

Dear All,

Recently I found that a couple of MB E300 Hybrid cars are almost within my budget.

More than this: very low fuel consumption makes the running costs of this car almost the same with the E250 petrol one despite of significantly higher tax in NL.

Do you know if reliability of the MB's hybrids is good enough?

Are there any potential drawbacks in this purchase (except + 3k euro comparing to E200 :))?

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 4. Januar 2015 um 11:31:09 Uhr:

Dear All,

Recently I found that a couple of MB E300 Hybrid cars are almost within my budget.

More than this: very low fuel consumption makes the running costs of this car almost the same with the E250 petrol one despite of significantly higher tax in NL.

Do you know if reliability of the MB's hybrids is good enough?

Are there any potential drawbacks in this purchase (except + 3k euro comparing to E200 :))?

Sure, the Hybride is a good car, but even here in the community a lot of people are skeptical if the Technology of the E 300 Hybrid is reliable and as good as other Mercedes engines. You can not pull trailers, (you can, but they mustn't be heavier than 300 kg, so almost useless.)

And it's even doubt that the Hybrid, for example on a highway, is saving any Diesel compared with other Engines like the 250 Diesel.

The E300 Hybrid is a E 250 CDI engine + 27 HP Elektro engine. but on a highway usually mostly the E250 engine workes alone, so without any suport of the Elektroengine (if it is in the sailing mode on the Highway even the Elektro works.)

So think about it, but the Petrol has the "older" engine and the Hybride is not as long tested. Take the Petrol;)

Sitzheitzung.

Themenstarteram 4. Januar 2015 um 15:23

Yep, I got the point :).

Reliability is very important for me, so I'll keep my eye on petrol E200 and maybe E250 cars (if I can get significant discount).

I'll be ready to buy a car in February, so I plan to start calling to sellers from tomorrow :).

am 5. Januar 2015 um 7:21

You should not worry on the reliability. When German auto manufacturers knew and built the technology, the Japs didn´t even know how to write it. It is a pretty old system to combine a normal petrol or diesel engine with an electric one (also google for "Audi 80/A4 Duo" / "Audi 100 quattro hybrid"). I already seen a Hybrid E-Class as a Taxi and I don´t think they would buy it if it would be something unreliable.

But I agree with Sitzheizung, that it will only be worth it if you are often driving in cities and less on the Autobahn.

Themenstarteram 6. Januar 2015 um 11:43

Sprinter319, danke :).

I hope that MB cars shouldn't visibly suffer more from the added complexity of the hybrid elements, but I may mention that Japanese cars still have at least equal (of higher) reliability than the German ones.

But the simpler set of features and options may be the cause :).

I drive about 40% of in cities, so I'll try to talk to sellers of all 3 models mentioned at the title of the post.

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 12:43:23 Uhr:

Sprinter319, danke :).

I hope that MB cars shouldn't visibly suffer more from the added complexity of the hybrid elements, but I may mention that Japanese cars still have at least equal (of higher) reliability than the German ones.

But the simpler set of features and options may be the cause :).

I drive about 40% of in cities, so I'll try to talk to sellers of all 3 models mentioned at the title of the post.

Of you drive 40% in the city, the Hybrid might be not wrong.

How many kilometers do you drive a year?

Themenstarteram 6. Januar 2015 um 15:05

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 15:44:55 Uhr:

Zitat:

Of you drive 40% in the city, the Hybrid might be not wrong.

How many kilometers do you drive a year?

About 15000km.

I checked with the car expenses calculator (http://www.autoweek.nl/kostenberekening) the costs for E250 and E300Hybrid: I will pay about 50 euro per month more for E300 according my mileage.

I assume that they use the combined fuel consumption for the prediction.

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 16:05:27 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 6. Januar 2015 um 15:44:55 Uhr:

About 15000km.

I checked with the car expenses calculator (http://www.autoweek.nl/kostenberekening) the costs for E250 and E300Hybrid: I will pay about 50 euro per month more for E300 according my mileage.

I assume that they use the combined fuel consumption for the prediction.

For 15000 km the Petrol is better, Diesel for 20000 km or more a year.

Themenstarteram 6. Januar 2015 um 21:46

Sitzheitzung, yes probably your are right. My calculations show that I would have about 600 euro extra costs per year for E400 case comparing to E250 petrol.

Another question:

There is a car for sale - http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/258269916

It is about 1000 euro cheaper than other comparable cars, it has all options I need, but as the MB dealer said: the car had a small incident and the front bumper was replaced, but no metal parts etc. were damaged.

Dear All, do you think that this (and similar) car(s) could be considered or only "Unfallfrei" should be in scope?

Thanks! :)

Deine Antwort