3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Golf
  6. Golf 7
  7. The right size. Plz help! Golf 7 1.6 TDI

The right size. Plz help! Golf 7 1.6 TDI

VW Golf 7 (AU/5G)
Themenstarteram 6. März 2018 um 16:23

I own a VW Golf 7 1.6 tdi 2013 and soon i will need to change tires, so i got myself 4 new rims from Magma j7 x 15 et 46, and i don't know if it's possible to mount the new rims whit a 205 65 15r tires, taking in account my type of car, or if it looks good whit 195 65 15r tires. Plz help!

Beste Antwort im Thema

Can't use them unless you mod the clocks to accommodate change in tyre circumference. Why not fit 205 60 15?

With them you probably won't need to do any work on the car (wings etc).

One note: I like the wheel but why 15 inch wheels? Surely 16s would cost the same and tyres are cheaper and look far less like a balloon.

19 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
19 Antworten
Themenstarteram 11. März 2018 um 9:04

Zitat:

@itasuomessa schrieb am 11. März 2018 um 09:55:58 Uhr:

You'd need to have the wheel/tyre combination put into your car registration paperwork, just not worth the hassle as they may still require you to modify your instrument cluster.

What country do you live in?

I live in Germany Lohr am Main, I speak German no problem but i can't write. Well it tells me on the paper from the rims that i'm allowed to use 215 60 R15 on my Golf 7, or i'm getting it wrong?

Yes but check the notes in the legend.... A2 to A10, E91 and EF0.

well mate, I really don't know who recommends you all these things. You should really listen to these guys take a 16 inch wheel with aan allowed tiresize. No changes needed no so called Einzelabmahme wich again will cost 130 € plus adapting your speedo will not be done for free. And I am shure the difference in Comfort you will not notice by the size but the Nexxen tire is shit and cheap. try any Conti and Dunlop and you will notice the difference .

Had a look at the supplementary document, A02 to A10, E91 and EF0 are nothing to worry about.

215 60 15 is in the list of approved sizes, so should all be good to go.

Hint...to be absolutley sure, take your car and this document and show it to a professional at TÜV or DEKRA.

I did so too and the guy at dekra helped me out... for free ;)

Deine Antwort