ForumPflegeprodukte
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Wissen
  4. Fahrzeugpflege
  5. Pflegeprodukte
  6. problem with Krauss DB5800-S and soft pads!!!!

problem with Krauss DB5800-S and soft pads!!!!

Themenstarteram 4. März 2012 um 23:27

Hi all,

(Your German answers are welcomed :) )

Do you have any problem with DB5800S and soft polishing and waxing pads? (Like Hex Black Finishing or Hex Red Ultrafine Wax Finishing )

I decided to buy Krauss-DB5800-S, but in some forums people said that when they make pressure on Kersel DAS6-Pro (the UK version of Krauss DB-5800-S) the pad just vibrates and do not rotates!! specially in low speeds (1-3)

They say that the cruise control of Meguiar's G220VR solved this problem, and there is no problem with soft pads.

How is Krauss DB-5800-S with soft finishing pads?

I really can't select between Krauss DB-5800-S and G220V2!!!

Beste Antwort im Thema
am 5. März 2012 um 6:52

Schon wieder?

also ein Pluspunkt für die Ausdauer.

Bald kommt eh eine Nachricht: Ich hab mich für die Meg entschieden, weil ich ein SUPA DUPA Shop gefunden hab in dem ich 70% (!!!) gespart habe! Dann kommt noch der Link zu dem Shop.

@ Elchi, es ist sein 3 tes (glaube ich) Thema, das so anfängt und so endet...

könnte ein Mod vorbeischauen?

19 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
19 Antworten
am 5. März 2012 um 4:10

Its a matter of how Hard you Push. In a normal Case i havent any probs. I use almost the Same setup. Krauss dB 9800 and hex Black n Orange Pads. I think there is a Point of Pressure which is too much, but how Hard do u Wanna press ?

Have a Look at the Pads. You cant squeeze them endlessly.... So When "nothing is left" from the pad, you Push too Hard.

Regards

E

am 5. März 2012 um 6:52

Schon wieder?

Bald kommt eh eine Nachricht: Ich hab mich für die Meg entschieden, weil ich ein SUPA DUPA Shop gefunden hab in dem ich 70% (!!!) gespart habe! Dann kommt noch der Link zu dem Shop.

Themenstarteram 5. März 2012 um 7:51

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Elchtest2010

Its a matter of how Hard you Push. In a normal Case i havent any probs. I use almost the Same setup. Krauss dB 9800 and hex Black n Orange Pads. I think there is a Point of Pressure which is too much, but how Hard do u Wanna press ?

Have a Look at the Pads. You cant squeeze them endlessly.... So When "nothing is left" from the pad, you Push too Hard.

Regards

E

Thanks alot mate.

not too much presseure, some folks say that just with a little pressure it start to vibrating rather than rotating!

for example, in following post, in crous control section (middle of page) he puts videos and shows this problem of DAS6-Pro and compared it with G220V2.

since many people say Krauss DB-5800 and Kestrel DAS6-Pro are very similar, i just wonder that krauss has such problem as well. Do you guys have such comparison review between Krauss and G220V2 here? i searched many times but didn't find such posts!

------------------------------------

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Roman_85

Schon wieder?

Dear friend, there is no reason to select Meg's if the Krauss would be better!!

I don't like Meg's G220V2 because of its weak motor (550 watt) instead of Krauss (900 watt). But, since most of my usage will be fine polishing and finishing, i should go with sioft and ultra-soft pads. Therefore, i just want to be sure that there is no problem with this device and soft pads in low speeds.

So i have to select between Power of Krauss and Cruse Control of Meguiars. There is no other way to understand this than asking here that you guys have experienced them.

Meanwhile, the forum's management noticed me about that links, and i didn't know that it's forbidden! I will not put any link hereafter ;)

Regards,

am 5. März 2012 um 10:46

hey,

many folks in here work with:

Liquid Elements 2000

Liquid Elements 3000

Krauss 5800

DAS 6

i never noticed any probs with those maschines. it may happen, that in some cases the maschines stop under great pressure, but not under normal circumstances. If you wanna be completely sure, buy a Flex or a Festool for 2 times the price ... but you dont have to.

regards

e

Themenstarteram 5. März 2012 um 12:34

Perfect.

So, the table turns to Krauss (for me) since it's a German brand and is more trustabl. Especially that you know the feedback of Krauss here and did not see any such problems.

It's intersting that many people in USA and UK forums say that Krauss DB, Kestrel DAS, CYC and Griot's are manufactured by one comany in china under different brands!! any comments?

am 5. März 2012 um 12:37

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von a6l3i

Perfect.

So, the table turns to Krauss (for me) since it's a German brand and is more trustabl.

It's intersting that many people in USA and UK forums say that Krauss DB, Kestrel DAS, CYC and Griot's are manufactured by one comany in china under different brands!! any comments?

that´s true - china is everywhere - its almost / exactly the same maschine - just another way of branding.

i think you cant buy one single think which is not manufactured in china or some parts are from china ...

regards

E.

Themenstarteram 5. März 2012 um 12:41

Zitat:

that´s true - china is everywhere - its almost / exactly the same maschine - just another way of branding.

i think you cant buy one single think which is not manufactured in china or some parts are from china ...

regards

E.

Thanks a lot for your fast & honest reply :)

So, let’s start the party with Krauss DB-5800-S.

Kind Regards,

A.

am 8. März 2012 um 9:21

Warum machen manche Leute hier auf englisch immer so ne Meguiars Schleichwerbung??

Die deutschen Maschinen wie Krauss, Liuqid Elements , oder auch die UK Maschine Dodo Juice sind nicht schlechter im Gegenteil.

Go back to your Meg´s chief and tell him that other mashines are good too ;)

Themenstarteram 8. März 2012 um 9:35

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von kim1985

Warum machen manche Leute hier auf englisch immer so ne Meguiars Schleichwerbung??

Die deutschen Maschinen wie Krauss, Liuqid Elements , oder auch die UK Maschine Dodo Juice sind nicht schlechter im Gegenteil.

There is no doubt about quality of German tools (like Krauss) or German staffs like Sonax. There are dozens of folks out there in USA who use Sonax and many German machines as well. And because of this, it was difficult for me to choose between Krauss and Meguiars for DA.

I asked here because you guys in this forum know about Krauss better than any other forums.:)

Cheers . . .

am 8. März 2012 um 9:42

Zitat:

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von kim1985

There is no doubt about quality of German tools (like Krauss) or German staffs like Sonax. There are dozens of folks out there in USA who use Sonax and many German machines as well. And because of this, it was difficult for me to choose between Krauss and Meguiars for DA.

I asked here because you guys in this forum know about Krauss better than any other forums.:)

Cheers . . .

funny - you always get want is "exotic" ...

in this board most people use USA or UK Stuff like meguiars, Chemical Guys oder Dodo Juice. There are not so many Sonax users.

But there a Sonax Premium Line which is known for a better quality, and a normal line which is not that good.

In Germany lots of people think that Meguiars is all High End, but in america you can buy this stuff for some dollars in every walmart.

Same here with sonax - you can get it in every store, but meguiars stuff ( Dodo etc ) you only get in special shops and pay lots of money.

Some stuff of meg costs about 6 Dollar in the US - an about 20 EUR in germany ..

But believe me - US Tools, UK Tools, German Tools etc - most of em are straight outta China

regards

E.

Themenstarteram 8. März 2012 um 10:19

Zitat:

funny - you always get want is "exotic" ...

in this board most people use USA or UK Stuff like meguiars, Chemical Guys oder Dodo Juice. There are not so many Sonax users.

But there a Sonax Premium Line which is known for a better quality, and a normal line which is not that good.

In Germany lots of people think that Meguiars is all High End, but in america you can buy this stuff for some dollars in every walmart.

Same here with sonax - you can get it in every store, but meguiars stuff ( Dodo etc ) you only get in special shops and pay lots of money.

Some stuff of meg costs about 6 Dollar in the US - an about 20 EUR in germany ..

But believe me - US Tools, UK Tools, German Tools etc - most of em are straight outta China

regards

E.

You know, i just insert friends' German posts in "Google translator" and write my reply according to its translation :rolleyes:

It was a misunderstood from me! I thought that kim1985 said Krauss and other European staffs have good quality as well; so why i compare them with Meguiars while we are in Germany :D I afraid that they close my topic again so i tried to solve it !!

honestly, all of my detailing staffs are Meguiar's (UWW, GCW, Wash Mitt, Hot rims, Clay, Ult. Compound, Ult. Polish, A12, ColorX, SwirlX, Ult. paste Wax, M26 paste, all pads, MFs and twells, etc.).

For DA, i was deciding to buy G220V2 as well. But regarding the Power i thought again between power of Krauss and crus control of G220 V2!

am 8. März 2012 um 11:15

Zitat:

You know, i just insert friends' German posts in "Google translator" and write my reply according to its translation :rolleyes:

It was a misunderstood from me! I thought that kim1985 said Krauss and other European staffs have good quality as well; so why i compare them with Meguiars while we are in Germany :D I afraid that they close my topic again so i tried to solve it !!

honestly, all of my detailing staffs are Meguiar's (UWW, GCW, Wash Mitt, Hot rims, Clay, Ult. Compound, Ult. Polish, A12, ColorX, SwirlX, Ult. paste Wax, M26 paste, all pads, MFs and twells, etc.).

For DA, i was deciding to buy G220V2 as well. But regarding the Power i thought again between power of Krauss and crus control of G220 V2!

if Meg stuff is cheap at your place its ok. in germany there are some better products instead of Meg, or cheaper priced products which have the same quality than meg.

ive got some meg stuff too, which is kind of standard for me. but i also have some meg stuff which was very dissapointing an i replaced it with other stuff.

Cool stuff is:

ultimate compound

gold class endurance tire gel

natural shine

stuff i wouldnt buy anymore is:

ultimate protectant

trim detailer

step 1 paint cleaner

step 2 polish

NXT tech Wax 2.0

Themenstarteram 8. März 2012 um 11:37

Zitat:

if Meg stuff is cheap at your place its ok. in germany there are some better products instead of Meg, or cheaper priced products which have the same quality than meg.

It’s about three years that I’m living in Germany ;) and that's why i was searching for low prices shops in Germany for Meg's products in some topics before (that was forbidden here and i did it by mistake :rolleyes: )

1- You said most of detailing fans here in Germany prefer to use Meg's or CG staffs or any other US products as high end class. What about D/A polishers? Which DA tool is more popular between folks here and has been achieved better reviews? (for home users)

2- Why I can’t find any video or complete review for Krauss DB-5800 or 5800-S on YouTube or any other forums, even German ones? There are tons of videos for Meg's and many different machines to see their vibration or sound volume!

Regards,

A.

Hallo ! Gibts hier noch eventuell ein Thraed , für Deutsch-English / English-Deutsch ? Dann könnt ein Großteil der User hier auch noch mitschreiben !

Deine Antwort