1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. US Cars
  5. VW Routan Klimaanlage Problem

VW Routan Klimaanlage Problem

Themenstarteram 4. Mai 2012 um 16:10

Hello all,

I am very bad at German. I want to continue in English. If someone out there understands my situation, please reply in German.

I recently bought VW Routan SE 2010 model and i see that i have issues with AC. I am getting Air, but not cold air. I took to a garage to get it repaired and they said that this car has US adapter(Pic attached) and cant be done. What does this adapter means and is there anything like converter?? and how can i fix my issues??

Its a nice car and now i am worried that if anyone will repair my car??Please recommend any garage in and around Munich (radius 200 kms) who repairs US imported cars.

Thanks

Krishna

Ähnliche Themen
15 Antworten

Any US car dealer will help you. Try Opel in Munic.

Rudiger

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von mkvsr

Hello all,

I am very bad at German. I want to continue in English. If someone out there understands my situation, please reply in German.

I recently bought VW Routan SE 2010 model and i see that i have issues with AC. I am getting Air, but not cold air. I took to a garage to get it repaired and they said that this car has US adapter(Pic attached) and cant be done. What does this adapter means and is there anything like converter?? and how can i fix my issues??

Its a nice car and now i am worried that if anyone will repair my car??Please recommend any garage in and around Munich (radius 200 kms) who repairs US imported cars.

Thanks

Krishna

Krishna, since the Routan is a rebadged Chrysler Town & Country (Voyager) / Dodge Caravan try your local Chrysler dealer.

Hendrik

am 5. Mai 2012 um 8:37

www.efiparts.de - we will fix this

Themenstarteram 5. Mai 2012 um 9:27

Thanks EFIParts. I will call you on Monday for an appointment.

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von GM-Tech

I'm stumped, since when are there different access ports for an A/C? I thought they were all the same (if speaking of a R134a)

Efiparts enlighten us, are these a worldwide standard or do they really differ?

am 5. Mai 2012 um 11:55

The Quick Connects are always the same, at least in automotive applications.

But not if the mechanic is an IDIOT :D

DonC,

you got that one right.

Hi and Low side are different diameters and colors Blue and Red.

That "mecanic" should check his eyeside.

Rudiger

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von DonC

But not if the mechanic is an IDIOT :D

am 6. Mai 2012 um 6:52

Zitat:

But not if the mechanic is an IDIOT

that's why I said, we will fix this ;-)

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von GM-Tech

Zitat:

But not if the mechanic is an IDIOT

that's why I said, we will fix this ;-)

besser ist das ...

Themenstarteram 22. Mai 2012 um 8:21

Hello all,

Sorry for coming back after a long time( was busy with my 3 months old twins). I had a guy to look into my car regarding the air conditioning problem and got the following

"An Klimaanlage kein Unterdruckaufbau feststellbar. Anlage mit stickstoff beaufschlagt,Undichtheit am Trockner festgestellt. Anschluss ist nicht richtig montiert. Trockner sollte evtl. erneuert werden"

Getting this fixed might need some parts and these parts are not available in Germany?? Any heads up on this issue and getting fixed.

Thanks

Krishna

am 22. Mai 2012 um 9:59

Zitat:

do I have to say anything else?

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von mkvsr

Getting this fixed might need some parts and these parts are not available in Germany?? Any heads up on this issue and getting fixed.

Thanks

Krishna

Parts you should get at rockauto.com

Dryer is called in German Trockner

The mechanic is telling you that the AC could not build up vaccum and that they tested the system with nitrogen.

They found out that the connection to the receiver drier (Trockner) is not mounted properly and is leaking. Also the receiver drier itselft may need to be replaced.

As already mentioned before the VW Routan and Chrysler Town and Country (Grand Voyager) share the same drivetrain. The VW actually is a rebadged Chrysler with a slightly modified body. The technology underneath is 100% Chrysler.

The 2010 Routan came with a 3.8V6 or optional with a 4.0V6 engine. Both are Chrysler engines. And as far as I know the Chrysler was also sold in Europe with the 3.8V6 before they recently changed to the 3.6V6.

I just did a search on Rockauto.com.

According to their website the 3.8 V6 and the 4.0 V6 Chrysler, Dodge and Volkswagen all use the same drier:

Rockauto Part number 83105

Meaning you may want to check with a local Chrysler dealer in Germany. They should be able to get you all the parts for the AC.

Rockauto charges around $20 for this drier. Chrysler probably a little more. You may want to check if it is worthwile getting the part shipped from the US.

In general Chrysler dealers are a better help than VW dealers since this car has way more Chrysler parts than VW parts.

Good Luck

Deine Antwort