ForumGolf 6
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Golf
  6. Golf 6
  7. Golf Variant - road / wind / tire noise (Golf Variant - Straße / Wind / Abrollgeräusch)

Golf Variant - road / wind / tire noise (Golf Variant - Straße / Wind / Abrollgeräusch)

VW Golf 6 (1KA/B/C)
Themenstarteram 2. Februar 2011 um 13:39

Sorry that I'm writing in English, but I do not speak German :(

I have a question for those of you who drove both - Golf Hathback and Golf Variant.

Is it true that the Variant is significantly louder in terms of wind / tire / road noise? I'm asking You because I've read such opinions on the internet, and it is generally known fact that the Variant is actually, a Golf 5 with a new front.

Translation to German by Google Translator :) :

Zitat:

Ich habe eine Frage für diejenigen von Ihnen, beide fuhren - Golf Hathback und Golf Variant.

Stimmt es, dass der Variant deutlich lauter in Bezug auf Wind / Reifen / Fahrbahn-Geräusch ist? Ich frage Sie, weil ich solche Meinungen im Internet gelesen habe, und ist allgemein bekannte Tatsache, dass die Variante ist eigentlich ein Golf 5 mit einer neuen Front.

If you want, just write in German, I will translate it.

Ähnliche Themen
20 Antworten
am 2. Februar 2011 um 14:03

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von ukukuk

Sorry that I'm writing in English, but I do not speak German :(

I have a question for those of you who drove both - Golf Hathback and Golf Variant.

Is it true that the Variant is significantly louder in terms of wind / tire / road noise? I'm asking You because I've read such opinions on the internet, and it is generally known fact that the Variant is actually, a Golf 5 with a new front.

Translation to German by Google Translator :) :

Zitat:

Zitat:

Ich habe eine Frage für diejenigen von Ihnen, beide fuhren - Golf Hathback und Golf Variant.

Stimmt es, dass der Variant deutlich lauter in Bezug auf Wind / Reifen / Fahrbahn-Geräusch ist? Ich frage Sie, weil ich solche Meinungen im Internet gelesen habe, und ist allgemein bekannte Tatsache, dass die Variante ist eigentlich ein Golf 5 mit einer neuen Front.

If you want, just write in German, I will translate it.

I am an owner of a Golf 6 Variant. I have also driven the Golf 6 Hatchback of a friend (same engine). For me there is no difference in terms of noise between the hatchback and the variant. And my Variant has got a glas roof which is in suspicion to be more noisy than without glas roof!

There is an extreme difference between Golf 5 and Golf 6 (both, hatchback and variant): (at least in Germany) the Golf 6 has got a noise reducing front window (Akustik Dämmscheibe) which makes it much quiter inside the car.

If you want to reduce the noise inside the tires are more import than hatchback vs. variant. My 17 inch tires for example are much louder than my 16 inch tires.

Ich bin mir gerade nicht sicher, ob der Variant auch die Akustik Dämmscheibe hat.

Zudem ist eines sicher, der Variant hat keine neuen Türen, siehe Türgriffe.

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von O2CANDO

There is an extreme difference between Golf 5 and Golf 6 (both, hatchback and variant): (at least in Germany) the Golf 6 has got a noise reducing front window (Akustik Dämmscheibe) which makes it much quiter inside the car.

I think you are wrong in this point related to the variant. The Golf VI Variant does not have a noise reducing front window...

Best regards, Cluni

EDIT: Ups - da war jemand schneller...

am 2. Februar 2011 um 14:30

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Cluni

Zitat:

I think you are wrong in this point related to the variant. The Golf VI Variant does not have a noise reducing front window...

Best regards, Cluni

You do not have a separate A on the left bottom of your front window identifier?

am 2. Februar 2011 um 14:42

Zitat:

Zitat:

Best regards, Cluni

You do not have a separate A on the left bottom of your front window identifier?

My source of information to identify a noise reducing window:

http://www.motor-talk.de/.../neu-i203426798.html

http://www.motor-talk.de/.../...ik-windschutzscheibe-t2365690.html?...

It might be possible that user autoglasmeister is wrong and his username is misleading. But why the hell does he post so much about car windows and for me it seems he knows something about car windows?

My Variant has got such an A!

Themenstarteram 2. Februar 2011 um 14:48

Thx for the answers.

What I know for sure is that the Variant does not have the additional rubber seal around the windshield, and also outside mirrors are old design (golf hatch has new shape of mirrors in purpose of reducing wind noise).

So a lot of things were left unchanged, and I think it is possible that Variant also doesn't have this new noise reducing front window.

am 2. Februar 2011 um 14:48

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Diabolomk

Ich bin mir gerade nicht sicher, ob der Variant auch die Akustik Dämmscheibe hat.

Ja, der Variant hat keine neuen Türen. Hat aber auch keiner behauptet, oder?

Reduzieren die neuen Türen die Innengeräusche?

Zitat:

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Diabolomk

Ja, der Variant hat keine neuen Türen. Hat aber auch keiner behauptet, oder?

Reduzieren die neuen Türen die Innengeräusche?

Damit beziehe ich mich auf den letzten Satz des Fragestellers.

am 2. Februar 2011 um 16:48

Zitat:

Thx for the answers.

What I know for sure is that the Variant does not have the additional rubber seal around the windshield, and also outside mirrors are old design (golf hatch has new shape of mirrors in purpose of reducing wind noise).

So a lot of things were left unchanged, and I think it is possible that Variant also doesn't have this new noise reducing front window.

If you mean aero wipers ("additional rubber seal around the windshield"): I had aero wipers the last 12 years and I cannot see any advantages for the aero wipers regarding noise or the ability to wipe.

The outside mirrors of the variant are quiet as well. Even if they are unchanged from Golf 5 to 6.

Nevertheless: the Golf 6 Variant is an extrem quiet car in the inside. The best thing is to test it.

Themenstarteram 2. Februar 2011 um 17:23

Zitat:

If you mean aero wipers ("additional rubber seal around the windshield"): I had aero wipers the last 12 years and I cannot see any advantages for the aero wipers regarding noise or the ability to wipe.

The outside mirrors of the variant are quiet as well. Even if they are unchanged from Golf 5 to 6.

Nevertheless: the Golf 6 Variant is an extrem quiet car in the inside. The best thing is to test it.

O2CANDO - thx for all your replies.

I'm talking about additional seal between A-pillar and windshield - shown on this picture:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/a5/buyg/vw-windshield-trim.jpg

Really would like to test it... but here in Poland where I live, the Variant is extremely unpopular. I found one car in showroom but it wasn't demo car (not for test drive).

I'm also wondering about buying v50/s40. Volvo was slightly louder inside(I was driving it) than my current Peugeot.

...and if the Golf Variant is even louder than v50, it would be very, very bad.

am 2. Februar 2011 um 17:53

Zitat:

Zitat:

O2CANDO - thx for all your replies.

I'm talking about additional seal between A-pillar and windshield - shown on this picture:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/a5/buyg/vw-windshield-trim.jpg

Really would like to test it... but here in Poland where I live, the Variant is extremely unpopular. I found one car in showroom but it wasn't demo car (not for test drive).

I'm also wondering about buying v50/s40. Volvo was slightly louder inside(I was driving it) than my current Peugeot.

...and if the Golf Variant is even louder than v50, it would be very, very bad.

Have you already tested a Golf 6 hatchback?

Themenstarteram 2. Februar 2011 um 18:07

yes, in terms of noise Golf Hatch was similar to V50.

Also, I did test drive previous Jetta (Golf Variant in Europe = Jetta Sportwagon in USA) which was a LOT LOT louder, especially road noise was more noticeable. Both cars (golf and jetta) had the same tires.

Zitat:

I think you are right - up to now I didn't realise this "A". The time I ordered my car there was a thread about this. And the point was that the Golf VI variant hasn't the noise reducing front window like the "normal" Golf VI...

am 3. Februar 2011 um 7:33

Zitat:

Zitat:

I think you are right - up to now I didn't realise this "A". The time I ordered my car there was a thread about this. And the point was that the Golf VI variant hasn't the noise reducing front window like the "normal" Golf VI...

Thank you for correcting your first statement. We already have to much hoaxes in the forum.

Deine Antwort