2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. What could be this sound (attached)?

What could be this sound (attached)?

Mercedes E-Klasse W212
Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 9:59

Dear All,

After purchase of my E200 (mopf, petrol, 24000km, after MB maintenance at 23500km) I recognized that its engine makes unexpected, IMHO, sound when it is cold. It sounds like metal knocking+a bit of yelping.

The sound disappears after warming up.

I don't remember that the sound appeared when the car was started up in the dealer's showroom at +17...+18C, but it is repeatable and recognizable around 0C.

What could this be? Its rate depends on the engine's rpm, but a few times less than the rpm.

You may find the sound attached in mp3 format. It was recorded inside my garage box this morning.

By the way, surprisingly I found that this higher frequency sound may not be heard on some PC players (cleaned by noise reduction???), but my phone and another PC definitely deliver it.

I would appreciate your opinion, but also I plan to visit MB dealer today afternoon.

Beste Antwort im Thema
Themenstarteram 22. Februar 2015 um 10:35

Ok, I'm not sure is this post could be read by anyone at its new location as "MOTOR-TALK forum in English" does not look very popular :).

But anyhow I'm reporting on the results" generator belt replacement + engine FW update solved the problem (tested @ two mornings).

15 weitere Antworten