3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Golf
  6. Golf 6
  7. Golf 6 1.6TDI 105 PS 6 Gang DSG Motor startet nicht mehr

Golf 6 1.6TDI 105 PS 6 Gang DSG Motor startet nicht mehr

VW
Themenstarteram 16. Dezember 2023 um 18:44

Hello all! I'm new here and I hope I can find some answers regarding my problem. Few days ago, my 1.6 tdi golf 6 stopped in the middle of the road and since then I couldn't restat the engine. It starts for 10 seconds and then it stops. A week before that the battery was changed and 2 months ago the timing belt was also changed. We thought at first, the belt jumped or ruptured... no errors in VCDS... ofcourse.. no full diagnosis possible... Any thoughts or hints? Maybe someone had the same issue... thanks in advance

Ähnliche Themen
7 Antworten

Servus! (:-)

I’m not quite sure. Most of the time I’m a silent reader.

Is your car equipped with stop start?

As far as read the battery needs to be reset at the dealer ship. Did you do the diagnosis on your own? I would strongly recommend to see a VW shop.

But are the battery terminals securely fastened? Ground connections?

Is the alternator working? Output at the battery approximately 14 Volts with engine running.

Though the battery is new it could still be defective.

Test it at the shop.

Last but not least, check the fuses.

Cheers Hans

Hallo :)

How many kilometers has the car already run? What kind of diesel are you using (B0/B7/Bxx)? How much fuel do you have in your tank? How cold is it outside where you are? Have you tried to fill in some diesel by canister for the case that the fuel indicator is faulty? Have you tried another key for the case that you have an issue with the anti-theft transponder?

Themenstarteram 17. Dezember 2023 um 14:18

Thank you guys for the answers! Tried everything, fuel is there, fuel pump working, battery was emptied by my wife trying to start. I tried also the second key, ofcourse I cannot say if the key reader is reading the keys. Alternator was getting 14.3 out, last time I measured. Tried also with cables from my second car. Gave posted a video here wit the behavior... only thing I can think of is timing belt jumped but looks still tensed... or the fuel doesn't get trough the high-pressure pump to the injectors (next thing to try tomorrow)

Here is the link to the video:

https://m.facebook.com/.../

Themenstarteram 17. Dezember 2023 um 14:22

Thanks guys for the answers! Before it happend I was measuring the output from the alternator and it had 14.4 at idle. No, it doesn't have start-stop; Battery was installed by the shop and it was fastened correctly. Fuses ar all ok. The tank is full, no problem there. The fuel pump is doing the job when cranking. We tried also the second key... to dismiss a faulty chip... ofcourse I couldn't check the chip reader...

I'm thinking maybe the valve by the high-pressure pump is not allowing diesel in the pump... the next thing I need to try.. by the Injectors...

Timing belt was newly done 2 months ago, tested if it got loose, but no.. it is still tensioned... I would have posted a small video about it but I is not allowed here... I can share a link with a short I posted on YouTube... maybe it would shed more light...

Please check the rail pressure regulation valve: At one end of the fuel rail you will find a hose connected, this is the fuel return. Disconnect the hose from the rail and seal it (bend it over and secure it with a cable tie or something linke this). This will prevent that air gets into the fuel system. Connect another hose to the now open port on the rail and put the other end in a vessel. Let the starter run, the rail pressure regulation valve must be closed for a maximum pressure with only the starters low revolutions for the engine start. Therefore NO fuel should come out of the port on the fuel rail.

After the check and with the hose mounted back, run the fuel vent with vcds 2-3 times to remove air from the fuel system. This procedure will only work when ambient temperature and fuel temperature is higher than 15°C because of a preheating valve in the diesel filter lid. At lower temperatures the air will not pressed back into the fuel tank, it will be pressed into the fuel filter case.

When you have low temperatures diesel can clog if the diesel is not made for the temperature range (thats why i asked). Also interesing is total mileage and where you live because of the filter change intervall and diesel fuel quality.

Themenstarteram 20. Dezember 2023 um 1:47

Ok guys! Here is the last update:Today I called ADAC. One guy was there, read the car. Conclusion: AGR blocking the exhaust. He by-passed it by opening this metal pipe in front... and started the motor. So... no timing belt or high pressure pump, injectors problems... suggestion: clean or replace the AGR valve. In the pictures the metal pipe with the metal bracket he opened.

Thank you all for all the suggestions and time taken to help me solve this!

The AGR can not block the exaust, it can stuck open, resulting in too much exaust gas and too less fresh air in the engine what makes an ignition of the diesel fuel impossible. By opening the metal pipe the exaust gas that normally would be sucked in the engine will be released in the air.

There is also a shutdown/throttle valve for fresh air below the connection from the metal pipe and the black plastic part. This valve can also stuck closed witch will result in a not starting engine. The test from the ADAC does not exclude a stucked shutdown valve because the engine can draw fresh air through the open connection port when the metal pipe ist removed.

I would recommend to test if the engine would start with a metal plate in the pipe connection that block the exaust gas but with the pipe still connected so that there is no open port that gives a bypass for fresh air around a possible stucked closed shutdown valve. When the engine will run in this test, replace the AGR - if not replace the air shutdown/throttle valve. AGR replacement is expensive, the workshop will need a lot of time for the AGR replacement, so I would recommend this test - even when whe see AGR problems very often on diesel engines.

Deine Antwort