3. Auto
  4. Mercedes
  5. ML, GLE & GL
  6. GLC
  7. GLC SUV vs. GLC Coupe + motoren

GLC SUV vs. GLC Coupe + motoren

Mercedes
Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2017 um 11:44

I can't write in German so good so i'll write in english and i hope you will uderstand me. You can answer in German, i can read well :)

I have a family (wife and 1 child). In 3 years time we will also get a small dog. I'm buying a new car. We were sure to go with Mercedes E estate (T) 220d 4matic. Then we made a mistake and drove GLC Coupe 250d. We absolutely loved it. Yes it is smaller, but it feels great, driving hight is great, wife (spine problems) seats better in it. I could get a more powerfull engine with 4Matic then in E estate....everything is great, except the space in the boot, which is smaller. Interesting part is we don't think we really need that much space and there is always roof for extras.

I checked the difference between GLC SUV and Coupe in terms of space and i really don't see that much difference. Coupe is wider and yes SUV is higher at the back but i probably won't fill the car to the roof anyway. I want to like the GLC SUV, but everytime i see a wider/lower Coupe...

So the question is, can a GLC Coupe be a family car? Can even a GLC be a family car (kid is 6 years old, so there are no strollers, etc..)?

My other question goes about the engine choice. I'm picking between 250d, 300 and 350d. I believe 350d is the best choice for great power and also "normal" consumption which should be around 9l probably? 250d is ok, but feels a little underpowered (i drove that one), and i'm not sure what would i get with 300...how much real world performance compared to 250d or 350d and how much consumption?

Than you for your answers!

Beste Antwort im Thema

Zur Info die Maßzeichnungen der beiden Baureihen

X253

21 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
21 Antworten

I don't think, that the Coupe is wider than the SUV...

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2017 um 12:11

Interesting, it is lower and longer but not wider, but all reviews talk about a wider body in Coupe...no one checks the numbers i guess.

Dimensions GLC SUV:

Length: 4.656m

Hight: 1,639m

Width: 1,890m

Dimensions GLC Coupe:

Length: 4,732m

Hight: 1,602m

Width: 1,890m

am 11. Januar 2017 um 12:12

mit Kind und Hund, du brauchst sicher eine Box dafür, kann man nie genug Platz haben. Das Coupé ist einfach zu schräg, um wirklich viel Gepäck zu ermöglichen. I would strongly recommend the SUV. Depending on the milage per year i also would consider a gasoline engine. the 220 is pretty fast, i ordered the clc 43 ;)

Zur Info die Maßzeichnungen der beiden Baureihen

X253

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2017 um 14:33

Any info about 350d and 300 engines? Are they a lot more powerfull then 250d in real life and how are they to drive? I want to configure this car to be a fun driver with good "jump".

Ok - this question is too dangerous for me because it's emotional :cool: Let's see the upcoming comments...

Enclosed jsut the current numbers

X253-motorisierungen
am 11. Januar 2017 um 17:03

I want emotional answers too :) As we can see, on paper 350d and 300 are simmilar. It also shows consumption is low, specialy for 300 engine. But i think in real world numbers are a lot different.

I hope anyone can tell me how good or bad 350d and 300 are in terms of speed, agility and consumption vs. 250d or against each other.

I'm going for X253 350D to enjoy the great torque of the engine...620Nm it's a valid argument ;-)

What about a GLE? Based on the E-Class... Ok - would be a budget discussion, but the arguments for a SUV could lead to such a consideration.

But the GLE ist just a facelift. The interior design is not up to date and I always ask myself after travelling with a colleague´s GLE, why there is so less comfort in the back row. The 6 inch longer car just owns a more comfortable boot. The weight is enormous and costs and taxes are higher.

am 11. Januar 2017 um 21:46

Well the choice between 300 and 350d should also be based on your km per year.

That being said, as I basically drive/drove both engines (250 + Brabus Tuning now, 350d in the old full power 265hp version w/o AdBlue earlier) the 300 especially w sport exhaust would be a more emotional choice, the 350d is in my option certainly more sovereign. It has plenty of power in every situation and you'll never get a feeling of a strained engine that you may get in full power situations from the 4 cyl. engine.

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2017 um 21:55

I do 20000 to 25000 km per year.

What kind of consumption do you get from this two engines?

am 11. Januar 2017 um 22:36

Well it's hard to compare the consumption because of the different vehicles and driving circumstances, but I was about 8l with the CLS 350 CDI and am about 9l with the GLA 250 on the same route, but now about 11l because I dive mainly in the city now.

Deine Antwort