ForumEnglish-Talk
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. VIN report mileage validity/reliability

VIN report mileage validity/reliability

Hello,

I wish to buy a used car, and the one that is in my mind is VW GOLF PLUS year 2012, diesel, 1.6 TDI, 77kW.VW GOLF PLUS 2012m, dizelis, 1.6 TDI, 77kW

Could I ask your opinion on the validity and importance of the results of purchased car history report using unique VIN number: the attached picture shows the left chart which is from the report, and the right one is the idealized version, where the previous owner would regularly service the car and the mileage would be recorded each time. My report has the only record which is, as stated, at the time of selling (~3 months ago), therefore I conclude that the mileage report is of no use.

From the visual inspection everything seemed fine - high mileage indicating parts, such as steering wheel, pedals, door hinges, show no signs of wear. No irregularly worn tire protectors, no scratches, dents or such. A longer test drive is yet to be done.

If it were up to you, would you still take the car to the maintenance workshop for extra inspection using car diagnostic tools/scanner?

Thank you dearly

VIN report mileage
2 Antworten

Yes, the first diagram has only 2 datapoints with an interpolated curve, so it's worthless. Ask the owner for:

- the information (usually some sort of a small book) where stamps for the inspections by the garage are put in and the bills for the inspections.

- papers by the technical inspections by law like HU by TÜV, Dekra, KÜS, etc. in Germany

If the handwriting font and color of the pen always looks the very same, it could be manipulated. Then don't pay more that the "scrap value".

If the mileage values there don't fit to the mileage of the car... ;-)

notting

At start use EU countries governmental pages, later use firm which will prepare audit of car or go to service with this car.

Deine Antwort
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. VIN report mileage validity/reliability