1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. Advice for used car

Advice for used car

Themenstarteram 29. April 2022 um 13:12

Hello everyone :)

I'm pretty much new in Germany and now started looking for some car to buy.

Budget would be 12500-15000€.

So far I've watched:

- Mercede C350 sedan petrol facelift model, mileage around 150.000km

- Mercedes E350 coupe petrol 2010-20212, mileage around 200.000km

- VW Golf Mk7 GTI, , mileage around 150.000km

- Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016 2.2jtd 180hp, , mileage around 180.000km

these are the cars that I found that could be bought for this budget but not sure are there some better cars for this price or which of these would be the best choice regarding reliability and maintenance cost.

Are these mileages too high for these cars or it's still ok, how much can these engines run before some major problems start?

I'm looking some car that is a little bit powerful, good and smooth automatic transmission, reliable, not to expensive maintenance. It could be sedan, coupe or hatchback.

Thanks

Ähnliche Themen
2 Antworten

At the moment, the German government is pushing BEV (and is about to stop pushing PHEV). So ICE cars are made unattractive by them. But if you want a long-range BEV (which is still less than with ICE cars), you probably won't find anything good below 25kEUR incl. incentives. But it can be cheaper if you e.g. have you own solar plant with some kWp and can usually charge at home.

BEVs usually don't need an automatic gear box. Also due their torque they can accelerate more quickly, even if they're heavier.

If you're commuting like 2x 20-25km per day to work and back, a PHEV could also make sense if you can charge it at home with cheap electricity. Sadly they're usually charging very slow (except e.g. some Mercedes with the right options). E.g. Volkswagen calls PHEV with more power than normal PHEV "GTE" (it's intended that it sounds a bit like GTI).

Please notice that Germany has the most expensive electricity in Europe. So what we're calling "cheap" could still be cause expensive in other also western european countries ;-)

In general:

1. Check fuel consumption. On www.spritmonitor.de you'll find real life fuel consumptions. This means that if a model is build to be e.g. sportive, it's usually driven more sportive -> higher consumption.

2. Check insurance costs. Website to compare insurances are e.g. https://www.verivox.de/kfz-versicherung/vergleich/ and https://www.check24.de/kfz-versicherung/

But be careful. Sometimes things (not only for insurances) are activated by default, e.g. "Nur mit direkter Wechselmöglichkeit" = no tariffs are shown where they can't do the new contract for you, which may be cheaper.

3. Check maintenance costs. Search here on MT in the sub-forum of the model e.g. for "wartung" or "service" together with "kosten" (costs) or "preis" (price).

4. Check car tax. Diesel is much more expensive per cylinder capacitiy than petrol. Older vehicle emission standards are more expensive than older one (built 2010 usually means you have the cheapest tariff). More CO2 according to the papers (older ones have usually "less" CO2 due to NEDC instead of WLTP) means more tax, but for younger cars, less CO2 is for free.

The biggest automobile club in Germany is the ADAC. They have very much information on their website also for non-registered users:

Car costs: https://www.adac.de/.../

Tips for buying a car: https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/auto-kaufen-verkaufen/ (also about new cars; "gebraucht" = used)

HTH

notting

Welcome to Germany :D !

To make a long story short, stay away from an Alfa (in general) and be cautious with Golf GTIs as latter were often driven by wannabe Schumachers ;-)

Considering the tone of your selection I would go for a Mercedes E-class, however, with some patience in search there should be a more favourable price in reach cause larger petrol powered cars are not what many consider the future right now. Not my cup of tea, just mentioning it.

Deine Antwort