ForumPassat B8
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Passat
  6. Passat B8
  7. run cable from engine area to passenger compartment on Passat b8, for Chinese front camera mounting

run cable from engine area to passenger compartment on Passat b8, for Chinese front camera mounting

VW Passat B8
Themenstarteram 1. Januar 2021 um 19:37

Can someone help me to run wiring from the engine to the cockpit for mounting a Chinese camera? thank you very much and happy new year

Ähnliche Themen
11 Antworten

hello, what will you do? Will you mount a camera to see the front-area (in opposite to a rear camera) or will you fit a camera inside the car as a dash-cam. Do you need the cable for a switch or what else? Please, give more information to your intention.

a) Front Camera, in opposite of Rear Camera (like xantion wrote)

--> to use surround view, you need also the camera in each exterior mirror

b) Camera on windshield inside the car

--> upgrade the "small" camera

c) Dash-Cam

--> take movies by driving

?

How on earth does the engine compartment get into play for that project?

Themenstarteram 10. Januar 2021 um 9:56

the idea is to mount a relay fed by the reverse gear and a mass of the car. It is not the area view, it is only to switch the rear view with the Chinese camera through the relay.

the mib2 does not have rca, you have to cut the rca cable that goes from the camera to the mib2, that's my question.

Themenstarteram 10. Januar 2021 um 9:59

the rca cable of the chinese camera as it is connected to the mib2 through a relay that switches the images. Cheers

C1c876ee-9f78-4f2b-a5a7-b969519cc178
6d79f927-f55c-48d1-b95d-5a5ed4c7d127

If I understand right, your car has no rear-camera - and now you'll install this chinese-camera as a rearview-camera, working with the reverse-gear by a relay.

Why so complicated? Connect '+' from the camera to your reverse searchlight and '-' to mass. That's the normal installation of a rear-drive camera, mounted as an equipment of a license plate moulding or in the license-light or so on.

So the camera will only work, if you use the reverse-gear. If your CAN-Bus will show an error, you can try it with a relay, connected to the cable for the reverse searchlight.

That's my proposition.

Zitat:

If I understand right, your car has no rear-camera - and now you'll install this chinese-camera as a rearview-camera, working with the reverse-gear by a relay.

Why so complicated? Connect '+' from the camera to your reverse searchlight and '-' to mass. That's the normal installation of a rear-drive camera, mounted as an equipment of a license plate moulding or in the license-light or so on.

So the camera will only work, if you use the reverse-gear. If your CAN-Bus will show an error, you can try it with a relay, connected to the cable for the reverse searchlight.

That's my proposition.

Sorry - first I hav'nt conidered, that you search the connection between the camera and your infotainment-system. I do'nt know, if there is such an adapter to buy. But I believe - with a 'relay' you could'nt resolve your problem.

Themenstarteram 10. Januar 2021 um 15:38

The car has a rear camera of origin and I want to mount a Chinese front camera that with a relay switches both cameras. I know the scheme but I don't know how to mount the wiring. Use to traslate

Bbfa1a01-a6bd-43c3-bdd5-053795aed0de

You want to see both pictures (front and rear) together in the screen of your mib2? I believe, that will not be to realise with that camera (btw, I can't see the mind, to have such a option - but that's your intention).

Therefore you need a splitted screen and I don't know, if the 'management' or the compatibility of the mib2 offers the possibility to get that with a non-origin camera.

Zitat:

@Rafabc schrieb am 10. Januar 2021 um 15:38:33 Uhr:

The car has a rear camera of origin and I want to mount a Chinese front camera that with a relay switches both cameras.

To what end? What do you expect that front camera image to show you that's not much more easy so see by just looking through the windscreen with "Mk 1 eyeball"?

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2021 um 22:15

I just want to know if it is compatible, area view is compatible, why a separate front camera is not? . I'm sure it can be done but I don't know anyone who has done it yet.

Deine Antwort