2. Forum
  3. Wissen
  4. Kaufberatung
  5. Mercedes C200T 1.5 EQ Oder Audi A4 Avant 190PS Gebrauchwagen

Mercedes C200T 1.5 EQ Oder Audi A4 Avant 190PS Gebrauchwagen

Audi A4 B9/8W, Mercedes C-Klasse
Themenstarteram 13. April 2020 um 17:38

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Motor Talk and sorry for starting a conversation in English. I am hoping I can get some suggestions. I can use the translator for my understanding.

So, I am looking for a used vehicle, preferably between Mercedes C200T 1.5 EQ and Audi A4 Avant 190 PS.

I did a test drive with the C Class last week and despite being 184 PS, the engine sounded strained and loud at AutoBahn Speeds. Did any of you had a similar experience with the new hybrid engine? After the drive, I am contemplating to move to C300, but that goes over my budget, so I looked towards the A4.

To be honest, this was my first RWD car, so it is difficult to judge the car at first instance. I am planning to do a test drive for A4 next week, so probably would have a better idea.

From the cost perspective, the used C Class (Q4 2018 and above) seems to be cheaper than the comparable A4.

One last question, in a different direction will be if a C220d (EU 6d-temp) would make sense in today's uncertain times for the Diesel. My annual mileage is around 25000 Kms. I plan to keep the car for at least 3 years.

Looking forward to your views.

Ähnliche Themen
8 Antworten

Most hybrids are not very effective at high speeds. For those instances, the bigger engines are more suited, because they deliver the performance with less effort, and quieter. If you drive a lot in cities and at speeds below 120 Km/h a hybrid can make sense.

Themenstarteram 13. April 2020 um 22:53

@Adribau Thank You for your response.. I will take the test drive for the A4 next week and make the decision.

Its a bummer since the interiors of the C Class look much premium than A4.

Zitat:

@Ekansh1910 schrieb am 13. April 2020 um 22:53:01 Uhr:

@Adribau Thank You for your response.. I will take the test drive for the A4 next week and make the decision.

Its a bummer since the interiors of the C Class look much premium than A4.

that's true, Mercedes makes very modern interiors. But I think Audi makes them more intuitive.

Zitat:

@Ekansh1910 schrieb am 13. April 2020 um 17:38:12 Uhr:

My annual mileage is around 25000 Kms.

On what type of roads? If you drive a lot of highway / motorway / Autobahn you should absolutely get a diesel engine. Gasoline engines are the worst choice if you drive a lot of motorway. There is nothing uncertain about modern 6d diesels, politicians just talk a lot of nonsense, that won't have any consequences.

Regarding the gasoline engines until 04/2018 the C200 had a 2l engine, after that only a 1.5l engine (that is the reason why it sounds that way), the older version will feel quieter at high speeds bc of its bigger engine.

If you want something newer how about a G21 BMW 3-series or a Volvo V60, even their base engines have 2l displacement, so on those models there is no need to get a more expensive engine.

For long motorway journeys, the bigger 3 liter diesel engines are a good idea. Even at high speeds, they are smooth and quiet.

Themenstarteram 14. April 2020 um 13:40

Zitat:

@Supercruise schrieb am 14. April 2020 um 13:20:47 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Ekansh1910 schrieb am 13. April 2020 um 17:38:12 Uhr:

My annual mileage is around 25000 Kms.

On what type of roads? If you drive a lot of highway / motorway / Autobahn you should absolutely get a diesel engine. Gasoline engines are the worst choice if you drive a lot of motorway. There is nothing uncertain about modern 6d diesels, politicians just talk a lot of nonsense, that won't have any consequences.

Regarding the gasoline engines until 04/2018 the C200 had a 2l engine, after that only a 1.5l engine (that is the reason why it sounds that way), the older version will feel quieter at high speeds bc of its bigger engine.

If you want something newer how about a G21 BMW 3-series or a Volvo V60, even their base engines have 2l displacement, so on those models there is no need to get a more expensive engine.

@Supercruise, 90% of my driving will be on AB for office commute. What you say about the 6d future makes it interesting.

The 11/2018 C220d diesel (UVP 63K) is actually available for around 29k, which is the same price as the C200 gasoline 1.5 EQ (UVP 53K) from 11/2018 - 02/2019. It seems the diesel resale is taking a hit due to the bad image of the diesel.

The insurance and taxes will be around 400 more than a C200 though.

I can definitely take a look at the 3 series lineup.

Zitat:

@Ekansh1910 schrieb am 14. April 2020 um 13:40:01 Uhr:

I can definitely take a look at the 3 series lineup.

For the 3 series, 325d and 330d would be ideal. The 320d would also work very good with your driving profile.

Zitat:

@Ekansh1910 schrieb am 14. April 2020 um 13:40:01 Uhr:

@Supercruise, 90% of my driving will be on AB for office commute.

You absolutely should get a diesel then, gasoline would be a huge mistake for 90% AB.

Deine Antwort