2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. I can´t activate/turn on "Sports-mode"

I can´t activate/turn on "Sports-mode"

Audi TT 8N
Themenstarteram 31. Januar 2022 um 10:21

Hi everyone,

I am new on this site, and I hope it is ok that I write in English, as I am from Sweden and my German is not really my strongest skill. Anyway, I just bought my first AUDI TT 3.2 from 2003. The idea is to have it as a fun "summer car", and I truly love it.

There is one "problem" with it. The gearbox was replaced before I bought it, and after the change of the DSG the "sports-mode" can´t be activated. Otherwise the gearbox works perfectly. The previous owner said that they replaced it with a used gearbox, where the car had front damage so perhaps that is why the sport mode cant be activated. Anyone here has any idea what the problem is? I am a "beginner" at this.

Thanks everyone!!

2 Antworten

Zitat:

@paxvonpaxton schrieb am 31. Januar 2022 um 10:21:03 Uhr:

The previous owner said ... had front damage so perhaps that is why the sport mode cant be activated.

Hi Mate,

I'am not an expert on modern gears, however, that makes no sense to me at all.

It comes into my mind, that somebody sold you a car with a decent fault and did not disclose it prior to the deal. Is there any documentation available regarding that "repair" or was it performecd with a gear bought on e*** and conducted on the shores of a nice swedish lake ;) ?

I have a suspicion why the car was sold :rolleyes:. How long did the previous owner drove it (if at all) ? 'Cause if the problem could have been settled at any reasonable expense, it would been done so.

That could end up costly as the TT is a sophisticated - meaning sensitive - roadster. Probably you fell in love with the car right away, however, the eyes of love are blind. Did you test drive it prior to the deal or have you been cheated ?

Considering that and

Zitat:

@paxvonpaxton schrieb am 31. Januar 2022 um 10:21:03 Uhr:

I am a "beginner" at this.

I'am afraid you got to talk to a good Audi or at least VW mechanic.

Themenstarteram 1. Februar 2022 um 10:26

Hi Mate,

SUper grateful for your help and reply. The previous owner was extremely helpful and honest. He told me about this "flaw" with the gearbox, and the story that the original gearbox got broken and they replaced it with a used one, and where they noticed that the "s-mode" didn´t work. Also because of this "flaw" I got the price down 2300 EUR.

My question is just if anyone knows what it can depend on as I am technically like a 5 year old haha. I think next step will be to go to my mechanic and see if he can find a solution. I bought this AUDI as a fun summer car, and I have to say that I love it. Eve if the car is 19 years old, it still feels "fresh" and soon it is becoming a classic, even "vintage" haha.

Cheers everyone // Patrik

Deine Antwort
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. I can´t activate/turn on "Sports-mode"