1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Phaeton
  6. Cleaning Sunroof Drain Lines

Cleaning Sunroof Drain Lines

Themenstarteram 24. Juni 2009 um 5:20

Please forgive me for posting in English, but my knowledge of written German is not good enough.

I have created an illustrated guide to cleaning the sunroof water drain lines on the Phaeton (and also how to clean the area below the air intake plenums that the sunroof drains terminate in) and posted it at this link in the English language Phaeton discussion forum:

Cleaning Sunroof Water Drains on the Phaeton

Michael

Beste Antwort im Thema
Themenstarteram 24. Juni 2009 um 5:20

Please forgive me for posting in English, but my knowledge of written German is not good enough.

I have created an illustrated guide to cleaning the sunroof water drain lines on the Phaeton (and also how to clean the area below the air intake plenums that the sunroof drains terminate in) and posted it at this link in the English language Phaeton discussion forum:

Cleaning Sunroof Water Drains on the Phaeton

Michael

13 weitere Antworten
13 Antworten

Hello Michael,

much appreciated!

Looks like the Phaeton you took the pix from was completely taken into pieces and re-assembled. If i ever have to look into this i will be happy to follow your guide here.

thanks and have a good one...

mc

ps.: ..i assume that most folks in the forum are able to understand proper english.. :D

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von mc4711

ps.: ..i assume that most folks in the forum are able to understand proper english.. :D

Wenn du irgendwas nicht verstanden haben solltest , können wir dir das sehr gerne übersetzen.

Warum sprichst du für dich selbst in der dritten Person ? ( most folks )

kopfschüttelnder

dsu

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von dickschiffuser

Zitat:

Wenn du irgendwas nicht verstanden haben solltest , können wir dir das sehr gerne übersetzen.

Warum sprichst du für dich selbst in der dritten Person ? ( most folks )

kopfschüttelnder

dsu

i assume that most folks ... = ich denke/vermute das die meisten Leute in diesem Forum....

kopfschüttel?

am 24. Juni 2009 um 20:12

Zitat:

Hello Michael,

much appreciated!

Looks like the Phaeton you took the pix from was completely taken into pieces and re-assembled. If i ever have to look into this i will be happy to follow your guide here.

mc

Wenn du genauer hinschaust, ist nur ein Foto dabei, auf dem ein zerlegter Phaeton gezeigt wird. Und genau der ist nicht zerlegt, sondern nur noch nicht zusammengebaut , weil in der Manufaktur ;)

Gruß

gmduser

Greetings to Michael, we haven't see you for a long time.

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von gmduser

Zitat:

Hello Michael,

much appreciated!

mc

Wenn du genauer hinschaust, ist nur ein Foto dabei, auf dem ein zerlegter Phaeton gezeigt wird. Und genau der ist nicht zerlegt, sondern nur noch nicht zusammengebaut , weil in der Manufaktur ;)

Gruß

gmduser

Danke, ich habe nicht auf das Parkett im Hintergrund geachtet :p

gruß

mc

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von gmduser

Zitat:

Gruß

gmduser

Ich dachte schon - sehr mutig und sehr gründlich sind unsere Amerikanischen Freunde um die Ablaufrinne zu reinigen ;)

Jedoch glaube ich persönlich nicht, daß dieses Photo aus der GMD ist, wenn wir vom selben Photo sprechen. Das Umfeld mit Ablaufrinne im Boden und die Fenster im Hintergrund kenne ich so nicht von den mir bekannten Photos. Außerdem wird die Maschine zu einem anderen Zeitpunkt und an anderer Stelle mit der Karosse "verheiratet".

Traumgleiter

(\__/)

(O.o )

(> < )

@traumgleiter: Ist das auf Bild 2 ein W12 Aggregat ?

Tut mir leid DSU, kann ich nicht beantworten, da das Bild von Michael mal anläßlich seines Besuchs in der GMD ins Netz gestellt wurde.

Ich frage Michael nochmal, ob ich die Bilder hier einstellen darf.

Themenstarteram 6. Juli 2009 um 4:58

Zitat:

...Looks like the Phaeton you took the pix from was completely taken into pieces and re-assembled.

No, not at all. It is my own 2004 Phaeton, I did the cleaning when the car was sitting in my driveway. The only disassembly that I carried out was to remove the 'leaf debris' cover from the air intake plenum, aft of the engine.

The whole project only took me about one hour to complete, and no tools of any kind (other than the hose) were required.

Some of the pictures that I placed in that explanation (to show where the REAR sunroof drains are, for example) were taken during the initial process of assembling the car in Dresden. However, it is not too difficult to get access to the rear drains, if this becomes necessary - just remove the rear wheel, then remove the rear wheel well liner. That is not a difficult task. There is information (and pictures) explaining how to remove a wheel well liner at this post: W12 (only!) Underbody Cover Attachment Modification.

That post explains how to remove a FRONT wheel well liner - something that is not necessary or appropriate for cleaning sunroof drain lines. But, the concept of how to remove the wheel well liner is identical for both the front and the rear wheel wells.

With best regards to all,

Michael

Themenstarteram 6. Juli 2009 um 5:04

Just to avoid confusion - the instructions for cleaning the sunroof drains (without the need for any disassembly, and without needing any tools except for a water hose) do not begin a the very start of that post (theme), instead, the instructions begin towards the bottom of the first page of the post.

Click here to go directly to the sunroof drain cleaning instructions, and to skip all of the early discussion.

Michael

Themenstarteram 6. Juli 2009 um 5:15

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Traumgleiter

Ich frage Michael nochmal, ob ich die Bilder hier einstellen darf.

Yes, certainly.

Everyone on Motor-Talk is very welcome to use any of the images that I have posted on the english language forum (VW Vortex) for any purpose you wish. You are most welcome to post them here on Motor-Talk. In fact, you are welcome to 'hot-link' to the images on my image server if you wish - you don't even have to go to the trouble of hosting them yourself, although you are welcome to do that if you wish.

Apropos of disassembling the Phaeton - it is a very easy car to take apart and put back together, and it is lots of fun to take it apart and put it back together. The Volkswagen repair manual instructions (from ERWIN) are very good. Here is a post that explains how to take the inside of the Phaeton apart, and then put it all back together: Retrofitting a Television Tuner. :)

I now live on an island - last year I only drove 1,600 km (but I flew 140,000 nautical miles) - so, there is not much else to do with the car except take it apart and put it back together.

Michael

Themenstarteram 6. Juli 2009 um 5:21

This is now my primary vehicle:

http://dubfoto.com/albums/userpics/10003/Twin_Otter_1.jpg

http://dubfoto.com/albums/userpics/10003/Michael.jpg

Michael

Hi!

Please forgive me for my bad english.

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von PanEuropean

I now live on an island - last year I only drove 1,600 km (but I flew 140,000 nautical miles) - so, there is not much else to do with the car except take it apart and put it back together.

Michael

That seems to be good for us. Although I will most probably not take my car appart by myself, I like to read and see pictures about it. So I gain technical insights, I won't get elsewhere.

Thank you and enjoy your flights,

tottesy

Deine Antwort
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Phaeton
  6. Cleaning Sunroof Drain Lines