1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Dialog
  4. English-Talk
  5. Buying used car for export - Ausfuhrkennzeichen

Buying used car for export - Ausfuhrkennzeichen

Themenstarteram 6. März 2022 um 13:59

Hello.

Could you please help me to understand some details, if i would like to buy an used car in Germany from a private person for export to other EU country ?

I understand i need Ausfuhrkennzeichen with red stripe which can be valid up to 12 months.

Where can i get Deckungskarte, at any branch office of insurance company in any german city in person or via some web page ?

What is Erklärung zur Empfangsberechtigung ?

What is HU Nachweis abrufbar über Zevis ?

How do i pay Kraftfahrzeugsteuer via SEPA Inkasso/Mandat?

I have bank account in EUR in my country which supports SEPA.

Is the sepa mandat/bank account same for whole Germany for the KFZ-Steuer or each city or district have their own?

If i want Ausfuhrkennzeichen for 1 month, then i pay Steuer and Insurance also for 1 month and not full 1 year price ?

Fahrzeug muss bei Zulassungsbehörde vorgefahren.

How do i bring that car to the officer if the seller has no plates (abgemeldet ) ?

If the seller says Motorrkontrolleuchte leuchtet manchmal aber macht gar keine Probleme beim Fahren, will the car pass AU without issues?

Thank you for your time.

Ähnliche Themen
2 Antworten

Zitat:

@denial schrieb am 6. März 2022 um 13:59:34 Uhr:

Could you please help me to understand some details, if i would like to buy an used car in Germany from a private person for export to other EU country ?

I understand i need Ausfuhrkennzeichen with red stripe which can be valid up to 12 months.

Did you already read https://www.adac.de/.../

I'm not familiar with that topic, but I'll try my best. In the PDF file linked there, is more information.

Zitat:

Where can i get Deckungskarte, at any branch office of insurance company in any german city in person or via some web page ?

This term doesn't appear in the ADAC link. But when you say insurance:

Zitat:

Bestätigung einer besonderen Haftpflichtversicherung (Diese Versicherung erhalten Sie in den meisten Fällen beim "Schildermacher" vor Ort bei der Kfz-Zulassungsstelle. Die Versicherung kann für maximal zwölf Monate abgeschlossen werden.)

Translation: Confirmation of a special third party liability insurance (in most cases, you can get that insurance in the "licence plate workshop" which are often very close to the admission offices. Max. duration of this insurance is 12 months)

BTW: Go to the admission office which is responsable for the German town you live in. You don't live in Germany? Go to the admission office which is responsable for the German town where the car currently is.

Zitat:

What is Erklärung zur Empfangsberechtigung ?

You need the address of a real (legal) person in Germany who you trust. Because you need a real (legal) person who forwards every request of the authorities to you. E.g. when the vehicle with this licence plate caused a ticket or was e.g. used in a bank robbery.

Zitat:

What is HU Nachweis abrufbar über Zevis ?

HU = Hauptuntersuchung -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection

Nachweis -> confirmation

ZEVIS: A German database which contains much information about vehicles registered in Germany -> https://www.kba.de/DE/Themen/ZentraleRegister/ZEVIS/zevis_node.html

Every German company allowed to do an official vehicle inspection should send that data automatically to this database.

In other words: The admission office will only give you such a licence plate, if that database says, that the last vehicle inspection of that vehicle was ok and not too long ago. They obviously won't accept paper concerning this.

Zitat:

How do i pay Kraftfahrzeugsteuer via SEPA Inkasso/Mandat?

I have bank account in EUR in my country which supports SEPA.

Is the sepa mandat/bank account same for whole Germany for the KFZ-Steuer or each city or district have their own?

The admission office will probably give you the correct form.

Responsible for that car tax of all German cars: https://www.zoll.de/.../kraftfahrzeugsteuer_node.html

In worst case you have to send that form with your signature (with a pen, not a pencil because to easy to remove) via snail-mail.

Zitat:

If i want Ausfuhrkennzeichen for 1 month, then i pay Steuer and Insurance also for 1 month and not full 1 year price ?

Insurance: As mentioned above you can choose up to 12 month.

Tax: At least in normal cases they grab the money for 1 year. If you unregister your car (in normal case) you get money back on calculation per day.

I posted a link about to the official website of the car tax. They have a calculater what it costs per year.

Zitat:

Fahrzeug muss bei Zulassungsbehörde vorgefahren.

How do i bring that car to the officer if the seller has no plates (abgemeldet ) ?

In worst case e.g. trailer. There're certain possibilities, but I think only if you want to get a normal registration (not export). Ask the admission office.

Caution! Sometimes there are two Zulassungsbezirke (admission office areas?) for the same letters before the (today "invisible") "-". E.g. big cities like Munich have a "Stadtkreis München" for Munich itself and a "Landkreis München" for several towns around Munich. All there licence plates are M-..., but they're different admission office areas!

Without a officially registerd car (normal registration or completed export licence plate process) you may _not_ drive outside the admission office area where the car is! And in general, you may only drive an unregistered car when it's absolutely necessary. E.g. to the admission office if they want to see the car. Or to the vehicle inspection if that's necessary for some reason.

Zitat:

If the seller says Motorrkontrolleuchte leuchtet manchmal aber macht gar keine Probleme beim Fahren, will the car pass AU without issues?

I think that could be a big problem if the last successful vehicle inspection is too long ago -> e.g. trailer.

notting

Themenstarteram 6. März 2022 um 20:08

Hello notting,

so the easiest option would be to buy a car with valid HU/AU (less than 2 years old? & no MIL check engine warnings) from a owner who has still the car on his valid normal plates (ie. he has paid Steuer & Versicherung for this year), so we can drive together to the Zulassungstelle and there replace his plates for Ausfuhrkennzeichen (where still i need to have my own Steuer&Versicherung) ?

OR - i can avoid the whole HU/AU/Steuer/Versicherung/Ausfuhrkennzeichen drama, but need a trailer.

Thank you.

Deine Antwort