5. X Reihe
  6. X1 E84 & F48
  7. X1 F48
  8. 18d xdrive - Manual vs. Automatic

18d xdrive - Manual vs. Automatic

BMW X1 F48
Themenstarteram 21. April 2016 um 12:22

Hi everybody,

I found my self into a big dilemma. I want to order an X1 18d xdrive and I'm not sure yet if I should go with manual or automatic gearbox. I would like to go with 20d xdrive but the budget does not allow me to extend so much, and to be honest, I feel that it would be more convenient to go with more extras (see Navigation plus, Harman Kardon sound, etc.) than opting for a more potent engine.

Despite the fact that I would find 18d xdrive, enough potent on autobahn as well, I don't know if the automatic gearbox is really "required". I like to drive and to feel the car, instead of letting a software to choose for me. In the same time, I know that BMW's gearbox is very lean and closer to the ideal automatic gear. The main downside would be the resale price and, maybe, the effort in the city.

What do you think guys? Is it worth it to sacrifice the automatic gearbox in exchange of more extras for comfort?

Tank you in advance for your thoughts.

Beste Antwort im Thema
am 21. April 2016 um 21:50

Sind wir nicht hier bei Motor-Talk.de ??

17 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
17 Antworten
Themenstarteram 25. April 2016 um 20:20

Thank you Gttom for your input. Based on the current feedback, it seems that 18d engine could be enough for our regular vacations and daily commute.

I still have to see if I'll move on for automatic or manual. All the cars that I had so far were manual, so, I can tell that the manual options offers a lot of control and fun. I'm still waiting other opinions though.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Eingabe Bottom. Basierend auf der aktuellen Feedback, so scheint es, dass 18d Motor für unseren regelmäßigen Urlaub und täglich pendeln genug sein könnte.

Ich habe noch zu sehen, ob ich für die automatische oder manuelle bewegen werde. Alle Autos, die ich hatte, so waren weit Handbuch, so kann ich sagen, dass die manuellen Optionen viel Kontrolle und Spaß bietet. Ich warte immer noch, obwohl andere Meinung.

I think your decision dependent on your driving profil. I prefer a more powerful engine instead of an automatic transmission. But in my case I have both:D My X1 is my first car with automatic transmission. It was my express wish (you remember... traffic jam). I´m not absolute happy with the automatic but it is o.k. ... more or less. Few days ago I drove an BMW 420d and I find this engine with 190 hp and ZF automatic transmission is sufficient. Certainly I feelt the differenc to my 231 hp especially at a higher velocity. I have to spend a lot of time at the German Autobahn.

On german autobahn I dont need an automatic transmission in my Golf R, because the highest gear is sufficient enough for 90% of all matters.

For daily driving I use the sixth gear from low speed at 50 km/h up to V-Max. No problem:)

Only traffic jam could be a problem. But we dont have slow moving traffic so much that I could have a desire for an automatic transmission.

Deine Antwort