ForumMotorsport
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Motorsport
  4. NHRA: Hight (Funny Car), Brown (Top Fuel) & Line (Pro Stock) Win at Arizona

NHRA: Hight (Funny Car), Brown (Top Fuel) & Line (Pro Stock) Win at Arizona

Themenstarteram 21. Februar 2012 um 10:53

Antron Brown, who won at Firebird International Raceway in 2009 and finished runner-up last season, edged teammate Tony Schumacher on Sunday with a powerful 3.793-second pass at 319.82 mph in the Top Fuel finale.

Brown’s blast in the Arizona Nationals finale provided him his first win of the NHRA Full Throttle Series season after finishing runner-up last week in the season opener.

Brown also prevented Schumacher from snapping an uncustomary 25-race winless streak dating to the 2010 season.

Schumacher (3.813 seconds, 318.17 mph), who is now 0-8 over his past eight final-round races and 0-4 against Brown, is the all-time leader in Top Fuel wins with 67.

Thanks to Brown, Schumacher, a six-time national champion, will have to wait a bit longer for a chance to add to the total.

“Obviously, we were hoping to finally get to victory lane after such a long time,” Schumacher said. “Unfortunately, he (Brown) just got me again.”

“It’s not like I have his (Schumacher’s) number,” Brown said. “It’s not like we’re slaughtering him. We’re winning by thousandths of a second. It can go either way.

“I’ve got 16 Top Fuel wins and he has 67. That’s an incredible team and I’m just trying to catch up.”

Brown was smiling afterward, but admitted the win still was somewhat bittersweet. Tucson Citizen

Funny Car drag racer Robert Hight wasn’t sure Sunday whether winning the National Hot Rod Association’s Arizona Nationals and beating John Force Racing colleague Mike Neff in the final round was the best part of his day at Firebird International Raceway.

Hight said ranking right up there with his 24th victory in 38 final-round appearances was seeing former Major Leaguer Randy Johnson snapping photos of him as he accepted his trophy for the Auto Club of Southern California Ford Mustang team.

“He was there when I got out of the car. He was lying on the ground this morning in the pits with John’s car, taking photos of it,” Hight, an avid baseball fan, said of the five-time Cy Young Award winner.

“It’s just cool to see a guy with that much success and so great at what he does out here and loving drag racing. He’s a big fan of what we do, just like we’re a big fan of what he does.”

“I have been to the final here a couple times but I never got the job done,” Hight said. “This is big. I’ll be honest with you, we did not have a chance if Mike Neff was running like he was running all day. I am not sure what kind of a problem he had on that last run.” San Bernardino Sun

Defending Pro Stock world champion Line held off KB Racing teammate Greg Anderson to secure his first win of the season. Line drove his Summit Racing Equipment Pontiac GXP to a 6.558 at 211.69 past Anderson to secure his 28th win and first at Firebird Int’l Raceway.

“This is a great start,” said Line. “I felt like I had the best car at both races, but we just didn’t get the job done in Pomona. This was the first off-season we’ve had in a while without any tragedies, and I think it shows in how we’ve started off the year. All in all, it was a great day and a great weekend.”

With the win, Line moved to second in the points standings, one point behind leader Anderson, who made his second consecutive final-round appearance of the season. Recent runner-up finisher Jeg Coughlin Jr. sits fifth after his first-round loss to Line. NHRA.com

Ähnliche Themen
3 Antworten
Themenstarteram 11. März 2013 um 7:55

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von chicguy

Antron Brown, who won at Firebird International Raceway in 2009 and finished runner-up last season, edged teammate Tony Schumacher on Sunday with a powerful 3.793-second pass at 319.82 mph in the Top Fuel finale.

Brown’s blast in the Arizona Nationals finale provided him his first win of the NHRA Full Throttle Series season after finishing runner-up last week in the season opener.

Brown also prevented Schumacher from snapping an uncustomary 25-race winless streak dating to the 2010 season.

Schumacher (3.813 seconds, 318.17 mph), who is now 0-8 over his past eight final-round races and 0-4 against Brown, is the all-time leader in Top Fuel wins with 67.

Thanks to Brown, Schumacher, a six-time national champion, will have to wait a bit longer for a chance to add to the total.

“Obviously, we were hoping to finally get to victory lane after such a long time,” Schumacher said. “Unfortunately, he (Brown) just got me again.”

“It’s not like I have his (Schumacher’s) number,” Brown said. “It’s not like we’re slaughtering him. We’re winning by thousandths of a second. It can go either way.

“I’ve got 16 Top Fuel wins and he has 67. That’s an incredible team and I’m just trying to catch up.”

Brown was smiling afterward, but admitted the win still was somewhat bittersweet. Tucson Citizen

Funny Car drag racer Robert Hight wasn’t sure Sunday whether winning the National Hot Rod Association’s Arizona Nationals and beating John Force Racing colleague Mike Neff in the final round was the best part of his day at Firebird International Raceway.

Hight said ranking right up there with his 24th victory in 38 final-round appearances was seeing former Major Leaguer Randy Johnson snapping photos of him as he accepted his trophy for the Auto Club of Southern California Ford Mustang team.

“He was there when I got out of the car. He was lying on the ground this morning in the pits with John’s car, taking photos of it,” Hight, an avid baseball fan, said of the five-time Cy Young Award winner.

“It’s just cool to see a guy with that much success and so great at what he does out here and loving drag racing. He’s a big fan of what we do, just like we’re a big fan of what he does.”

“I have been to the final here a couple times but I never got the job done,” Hight said. “This is big. I’ll be honest with you, we did not have a chance if Mike Neff was running like he was running all day. I am not sure what kind of a problem he had on that last run.” San Bernardino Sun

Defending Pro Stock world champion Line held off KB Racing teammate Greg Anderson to secure his first win of the season. Line drove his Summit Racing Equipment Pontiac GXP to a 6.558 at 211.69 past Anderson to secure his 28th win and first at Firebird Int’l Raceway.

“This is a great start,” said Line. “I felt like I had the best car at both races, but we just didn’t get the job done in Pomona. This was the first off-season we’ve had in a while without any tragedies, and I think it swiss replica shows in how we’ve started off the year. All in all, it was a great day and a great weekend.”

With the win, Line moved to second in the points standings, one point behind leader Anderson, who made his second consecutive final-round appearance of the season. Recent runner-up finisher Jeg Coughlin Jr. sits fifth after his first-round loss to Line. NHRA.com

Aha...

1.) Falscher Bereich (hier geht es um Rallye, nicht um "American Motorsports")

2.) News-Artikel irgendwoher rauskopieren und dann hier einfügen, das Ganze noch nichtmal übersetzt?

3.) Doppelpost, um das Thema wieder nach oben zu schieben?

Was willst du damit erreichen, bzw. was willst du uns damit sagen?

Werbung machen für deine Replica-Uhren?

Themenstarteram 8. Dezember 2014 um 2:08

Zitat:

@chicguy schrieb am 21. Februar 2012 um 11:53:31 Uhr:

Thanks to Brown, Schumacher, a six-time national champion, will have to wait a replica watch bit longer for a chance to add to the total.

“This is a great start,” said Line. “I felt like I had the best car at both races, but we just didn’t get the job done in Pomona. This was the first off-season we’ve had in a while without any tragedies, and I think it shows in how we’ve started off the year. All in all, it was a great day and a great weekend.”

Deine Antwort