3. Auto
  4. Mercedes
  5. C-Klasse
  6. W205
  7. Distronic PLUS - overtake on right lane

Distronic PLUS - overtake on right lane

Mercedes C-Klasse W205
Themenstarteram 13. August 2015 um 11:04

On beginning I’m sorry that I wrote in English, but it is probably the biggest place where I can find users of new C class.

I have question about Distronic PLUS. On manual it is marked that with activated Distronic (and speed over 80km/h) car shouldn’t overtake cars on right. In manual you can find:

"The system takes into account the fact that overtaking on the right is not permitted on motorways or high-speed major roads at speeds above 80 km/h. The driving speed is adjusted to the speed of the queue of vehicles in the adjacent lane to the left."

It is not working in my car. I can overtake cars on right. I don’t know that it is problem only with my car or that function not working at all C classes. How it is in yours cars?

I ask Mercedes CAC and answer was – that function is working only in E and S class. In manual C class is mistake ant that function is not working in W/S205.

Ähnliche Themen
20 Antworten

I think it works on C-Class, but you have to order the complete drive assist system. I don´t no if it works when you ordered the distronic together with side assist.

Themenstarteram 13. August 2015 um 11:34

I have Compete Drive Assist System and it didn't work. Even here on forum somebody ask about that but nobody answer (thread: http://www.motor-talk.de/.../...en-erste-erfahrungen-t5385921.html?...).

I ask my seller too but answer was not clear. They told me that:

1. It works only E and S class (the same answer Mercedes CAC)

2. It is connected with navigation system and works only in Germany (where overtaking on right is prohibited) – but I told them that I have this problem exactly in Germany (in Poland I not check that)

That why I try to find person who can conform it is works whit his/her car.

Confirmed. It doesn't work as described in the manual.

I'm owning the complete package including blind spot assist and my car is passing on the right if I don't disable the assistent or lower the speed.

am 13. August 2015 um 11:40

@WojtekPOL: short answer: no problems with my C-Class.

The Distronic PLUS manage that my car is not overtaking on the right lane. I have had several times the situation that a car on the left lane slowed down my C-Class while the right lane was totally unused.

Unfortunately I have no clue what kind of assistance package you have to order to get this. Distronic PLUS is one of them.

Hi,

it works in my car on speeds higher 80Km/H, S205 from April 2015.

Sometimes if the lines between the lanes are big enough the car overtakes on the right side, but mostly it avoids overtaking :-) If there is a free lane between Left and right the car overtakes on the right side.

am 13. August 2015 um 14:51

My experience is, that there could be additional criteria wether overtaking on the right lane is allowed or not.

- If the assistance System slows down behind a car on the left lane, tbhis can be overruled by accelerating - then it seems to be disabled until a "Long" break in the row of cars on the left side appears

- could be dependant on speed

- could be dependant on position

It is not absolutely clear to me, so I use this feature carefully

Johannes

Is there a dedicated Icon for this on the info display ? VW it's showing this when it detects a car on the left side and prevents overtaking on the right.

I thought the distronic plus this more sophisticated than the Volkswagen version

This is also working on the C-Class Series 205, for sure. But only with DISTRONIC Plus... and Stereo-Camera.

But this is only in several markets enabled in the european union. (due to a legal requirement)

My Swiss C-Class does this perfectly well and I can fully agree with Landgraf. In CH the overtaking on the right lane is forbidden and therefore the car doesn't do it. But as mentioned in an earlier post I can accelerate to overrule this behavior.

Zitat:

@Der_Landgraf schrieb am 13. August 2015 um 21:30:17 Uhr:

This is also working on the C-Class Series 205, for sure. But only with DISTRONIC Plus... and Stereo-Camera.

But this is only in several markets enabled in the european union. (due to a legal requirement)

Have that package and for me it doesn't work (or I'm using it wrong :) )

Themenstarteram 28. April 2016 um 14:40

I’m come back to this subject.

To everyone who wrote here that overtaking on major roads on right is working or not please write what type of navigation you have. I have Garmin (and that function is not working) and my dealer told that it is working only with Comand.

Hello,

overtaking above 80 kph on the right lane on a Autobahn is not possible when DISTRONIC guiding is active.

My nav system is COMAND.

Built date of my C-Class: late September 2014

Best regards.

Same as Landgraf for me. Full Assistance package with Comand. Build: Feb 2016.

Works perfectly. No overtaking on the right above 80kmh

There's already a thread about that topic. As far as I remember this feature only works in combination with COMMAND. If you have Garmin it won't.

Regards

Markus

Deine Antwort